1/72 - Sukhoi Su-17 & Su-17M "Fitter-B/-C" by Modelsvit - released - Su-17/-22M-4 in 2024

Homebee

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Amaru has told me today that 1/72 decals for Tumansky Fitters are with Cartograph and will be ready by November :)

That is some good news. Pity that the conversion and the decal sheet could not come out at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Robert said:

Hopefully CMK will do the honours and release this as a 3D printed / resin conversion as they have done in 1/48.

Regards

Robert

CMK mentioned that their 1/48 conversion is made in cooperation with Vespa, so we could see two very different situations: CMK do not compete with Vespa for 1/72, leaving the latter to cover this scale, or CMK somehow help Vespa to make the product available in Europe, either under CMK or Vespa brand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Mine (1/72, of course) is in transit from Peru! Vespa will be bringing out decals sets too in 1/72

Hoopefully mine too. I have noticed in the photo that there are two fin caps. Is this one for a single seater and the other for a twin sticker? 

35 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Hoopefully mine too. I have noticed in the photo that there are two fin caps. Is this one for a single seater and the other for a twin sticker? 

Not at all. The conversion covers the Su-20 and Su-22. They have/had different fin caps 

• 2 weeks later...

My resin set landed on my doorstep today and it looks great!!! :) I'll give it a better inspection later, though..... So far, so good ...... :)

Martin

Edit: having now inspected the set it seems to be very detailed. I can’t check for accuracy but if “feels” right. It means I can now slip a Peruvian Fitter-F in to the build schedule ;).

• Like 1

Vespa are now working on a nose conversion for the Su-22M2 (S-32M2K) in 1/72. While Amaru hasn’t said, I imagine it will also come in 1/48. No release date yet but it may be a while.

On 01/11/2022 at 16:52, RidgeRunner said:

It seems the decal sets in 1/72 will be ready for shipment by the end of the year, if not earlier, Amaru told me today.

- ref. 72001 - Tumansky-Engined “Fitters”

Sources:

https://vespamodels.com/categoria-producto/decals/decals-1-72/

https://www.facebook.com/VespaModelKits/posts/pfbid026pin6bzzjGkJa8fTkmNsSRKTV4fQ9gx25xz5Yu3K5MbipM9ypTsNUqAh69KWM3Ajl

For those interested in colorful markings for your 1/72 scale Su-17/22, our first decal set, Tumansky-Engined "Fitters" (VMKD 72001) is on pre-sale on the web site at an special price.

https://vespamodels.com/categoria-producto/decals/decals-1-72/

Pre-order will be available till November 30.

Cheers

Amaru

Tumansky-engined-fitters-volumes-1-2-1-7

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On 06/11/2022 at 08:17, RidgeRunner said:

Vespa are now working on a nose conversion for the Su-22M2 (S-32M2K) in 1/72. While Amaru hasn’t said, I imagine it will also come in 1/48. No release date yet but it may be a while.

For me to make an Iraqi version of this would I just require the nose, or would I also require a tail part as well? I am looking at doing this with the Modelsvit Su-20 kit:- https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72020?result-token=CYKVT

I dont know a lot about Iraqi machines but as far as I can see you wouldn't need the nose conversion. The kit you linked to has all that you need for an Iraqi machine.

Martin

6 hours ago, Jabba said:

For me to make an Iraqi version of this would I just require the nose, or would I also require a tail part as well? I am looking at doing this with the Modelsvit Su-20 kit:- https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72020?result-token=CYKVT

Hi

It will depend of "which Iraqi Fitter" you want to build. If is a Fitter C, of course, there is the excellent ModelsVit. However, Iraq, being one -if not the largest- Fitter user of them all, also operated the Tumansky engined-long nosed "Fitter F", featured in our upcoming 1/72 and 1/48 decal sheets. That particular version requires a whole new nose section (as per the case of the 1/48 model) but, since the Modelsvit kit is a single piece fuselage it will present additional surgical requirements to the modeller. At this time I am still studying the way to simplify the conversion process. 

Best wishes from Lima

Amaru

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, AmaruTG said:

since the Modelsvit kit is a single piece fuselage it will present additional surgical requirements to the modeller.

Mate, this sounds painfully expensive.

6 hours ago, Claudio Moura said:

Dear Sirs, certainly I asked this any moment but I forgot... what these models can be Peruvian version with Vespa Models set?

Modelsvit 72044 Su17M3 early;

72047 Su-17M3 or;

72011 Su-17M?

Thanks all.

Claudio

Which Peruvian machine do you want to build, Claudio. I am building the Su-22M2K, known as the Su-22A in Peru. If you want a later version, the “pretty” one, you need the Vespa conversion and the 72047. That is all you need. 

Martin

4 hours ago, Borisz said:

Mate, this sounds painfully expensive.

The most cost effective way is to use the Vespa set for the rear and a nose from a Mistercraft Su-20M2. All the Mistercraft Su-17/20Ms have it on the sprue. 

• Like 1

On 06/12/2022 at 19:35, RidgeRunner said:

Qual máquina peruana você quer construir, Claudio. Estou construindo o Su-22M2K, conhecido como Su-22A no Peru. Se você quiser uma versão posterior, a “bonita”, você precisa da conversão Vespa e do 72047. Isso é tudo que você precisa. 

martinho

The version that I want is the "Fitter J", maybe Su-17M (or M3?). THANKS a lot! 😀

Cheers,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio Moura

Really I do no know much more about Su-17/20/22, principally export versions, so I do not understand what I can not use the Su-17M 72044 Modelsvit kit... what this the difference between 72044 and 72047 models? Anyone can help me with this doubt?

modelsvit--72044-sukhoi-su17m3-fitter-ea

modelsvit--72047-sukhoi-su17m3-fitter-ad

SORRY the big size of the image....🙄

Thanks a lot.

Claudio

Edited by Claudio Moura

As far as I can see from the box art pictures, the main difference between the two is the base of the fin. The early version seems to have a longer tubular area than the late version. If you are making a Peruvian aircraft, I think that you will require the Vespa conversion set which will require the tail and rear fuselage being removed. Without look at the plastic in the box I am not sure what else there is different, maybe weapons or smaller things. If it is the latter' then it will depend on how accurate you want your model to be. I will look in some books when I get home and see if I am able to spot any more differences.

The instructions from Scalemates are here:- Su-17M3 Late https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/6/1/1/1028611-44-instructions.pdf

Su-17M3 early https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/1/3/6/1240136-71-instructions.pdf