Airfix Vulcan

Inspired by the Vulcan at Cleethorpes Air Show last year, I dashed out and bought a kit. Almost a year later she is done:

14422958538_5e5b382306_b.jpg
14422925800_9f5dde3d5a_b.jpg
14607524314_a3bb9159ff_b.jpg
14609016322_0b091eb0a1_b.jpg

The semigloss finish is just a bit shinier than I wanted but it will do. Plenty of little flaws on this but it is a striking model (only because the aeroplane was a striking design). The stand is still a WIP but I need to get on with Frank the Carvair.
Looks great on the shelf.

• Like 21

Very nice. Did you rescribe it ?

Robert

Hi Robert, yes I did, it didnt fit together very well..(could have been my lousy modelling) and I lost a lot of raised detail after filling / sanding so I gave scribing a go

thanks all

cheers

wal

Nice! Did you use Freightdog's 200 series exhaust cans as well?

yep and fundekals decals..which are great value for money and really good quality went down a treat, got enough left for at least another 2 Vulcans !

Exellent model, i like the flying pose. A great aeroplane, if you built it inside-out it would still look good :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Are the 617 Lightning strikes on corretly? - They appear to be pointing upwards.

Nice looking Vulcan

Doh! you are right! I must have had the aeroplane or the decal placement sheet upside down!

never mind.. my eyesight is so bad I can't tell LOL

I love it! I remember building the Airfix Vulcan away way back in the day and it didn't turn out anything near as good as that! Kudos to ya!

(......and never let anyone accuse you of rushing a kit! A year? Ooooft! Patience!)

Very nice work, The in flight pose shows off the Blue Steel nicely for a bit of interest.

I spent weeks detailing the bomb bay on mine but the work hasn't been seen since I put it on the shelf :unsure: .

Cheers

Gaz

I love it! I remember building the Airfix Vulcan away way back in the day and it didn't turn out anything near as good as that! Kudos to ya!

(......and never let anyone accuse you of rushing a kit! A year? Ooooft! Patience!)

Hiya!

Well I have to confess, the Vulcan stayed in it's box until about January, I started putting it together but the fit was so bad (or my building technique was bad) that a lot of filling and sanding was required, when it become evident I would have to scribe it, the Vulc languished on the shelf of doom for months until I finally bit the bullet about 6 weeks ago and spent a couple of nights on the scribing.. then it languished again until I got the energy to mask the bloody thing... a whole day that took! I was glad to finish it!