Looking for Haartz

Codger

Anyone have experience with genuine Haartz cloth for tops-in 1/8 scale?? :P

I have been searching for my Roller's top to no avail. Found many 1:1 sources but that's just a bit big for scale. I love the tight weave and deep colors.

I kind of doubt it but hoping one of you genius builders have a source or a clue. I can't see my project in anything else and that's dumb on my part. Wasting a lot of planning time chasing ghosts.

Thanks for any leads or info. :wub:

Fine silk?

Thanks but too fine. Haartz has a very tight and visible weave.

I tested some used dryer sheets. Coarse but random weave. Works OK around corners and takes paint well though. But does not have that classy look of true Haartz.

How about something like an Egyptian cotton, something like a 400 weave?

If you happen to go past a bedding store, or a department store that sells bedding you may be able to see the weave by looking at a sheet - you may even find a material shop may have it ....

How about something like an Egyptian cotton, something like a 400 weave?

If you happen to go past a bedding store, or a department store that sells bedding you may be able to see the weave by looking at a sheet - you may even find a material shop may have it ....

Why thank you-forgot about that. I have some old dress shirts with a 400 type weave. I will look into that.

Edit: I have an inquiry into a source here that may help identify what I'm looking for. Will report back. But surely will check the Egyptian cotton.

Edited by Codger

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

I did follow Jeepers suggestion and inspect an old dress shirt I have which is 400 cotton, But felt it was a bit less textured than I seek.

My inquiry to a gent that built a Sedanca and has a top very close to my quest was just answered. As he sends information, I will post in case any here want to know for future use.