Trumpeter 1/48 Westland Whirlwind 1.

Completed this build recently. Nice kit, goes together well, but forget the decals, they are rubbish. Saying that, I did use some of the kit decals, but they are a struggle.

Any comments welcome, but I do not know about any accuracy issues as that does not really interest me. To me it looks every bit a Whirlwind, and that is good enough for me!006.jpg7a373042-3a4d-4d5b-ae83-b5a587b24b7e.jpgc0f3b429-c265-41c8-a7b1-1fd8b89a7f94.jpg3ab4c0e4-2daf-405b-8754-dd126015ddfa.jpg2c821bc6-5dd2-4628-8f2c-bde05d22cb31.jpg

• Like 16

I like the looks of this kit. I know there have been accuracy complaints, but what you have built looks good and I will be getting a kit from Trumpeter when my LHS in the U. S. starts receiving them.

• Like 1

I thought the point was to build it so it didn't look like a whirlwind so we could say how rubbish trumpeter are!!

So you go and make it look like one and a very nice one at that.

That being said I think you should go and sit in the corner and think about what you have done, next time please make the effort to make it look bad.

• Like 3

I like the looks of this kit. I know there have been accuracy complaints, but what you have built looks good and I will be getting a kit from Trumpeter when my LHS in the U. S. starts receiving them.

Good on ya George! It makes my blood boil when folk complain about perceived errors of a kit, probably on the basis of a few photographs on some dodgy modelling forum! (obviously not Britmodeller, cos only fine upstanding fellas and lassies are found here ;) ). I truly reckon if you put photos of the real thing on certain forums, some folks would probably find fault with it! To misquote George Bernard Shaw- "Those who can, build. Those that cannot, complain!"

Soapbox away, That's a fine looking model and looks every inch a whirlwind to me. Well done to Trumpeter for producing the thing and well done to Foxfriend for building it.

• Like 3

Been one of my favorite planes since i built the Airfix kit as a child.

Time to buy this i think.

What a refreshing change, comments on built kits that look the part.

Lovely build.

A fine job Sir !

I will readily admit that this is an aircraft that has never really appealed to me (Yes….I know I will be in a minority !) but like many have said, it does look the part and I am very pleased to see one made and to also see so many positive comments. It really does make a nice change to see someone actually take the time to build and post on the forum rather than see another contribution to the endless drivel that now clogs our forums whenever a manufacturer from the 'Axis of Inaccuracy' (China/The Czech Republic or Italy) issues a kit.

Well Done on a fine build and thanks for sharing it with us !

• Like 2

Looks like a Whirlwind to me too. Did you do anything about the (apparently) shallow cockpit?

It's strange that an aircraft which was considered not very successful and not produced in great numbers has been kitted so many times.

There is a nice sort of elegance and yet brutishness to that, looks great.

All power to you for building and enjoying the hobby while others criciise!

Cheers

John