1-48 ICM / XS Models P-51 Beguine - in flight

Caerbannog

I finished the Begunie yesterday - but this afternoon my three year old and his friend found it... So some more glueing and touching up today. Pics will follow in the GB gallery on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for watching,

Rene

oh no!

That's as bad a kitty nomming on it!!!

Hopefully they didn't try to see if it would actually fly!

You know in some parts of the world you can trade them in for something useful!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Rich,

everything could be glued together again. Did some pics this morning with my phone. Will be off in 20 minutes till Sunday, so I am not sure wetehr I can do proper pics by the dead line. If so I will replace the rather poor gallery pictures.

Rene

Thanks!

Some last words...

The Red Pegasus decals have a pale yellow colour which matches the yellow on the Beguine colour pics nicely. But when you put your nose close to them they show some stripes from the printing - they are not uniform as screen printed decals. Before using them I did a scan - just in case anything goes wrong and gave them a coat with Micro Decal Coat for protection of the print. Other than expected the decals went on nicely (with some help from Gunze decal solvent). After the decals fully dried I simply used automotive clear coat from a spray can - frankly this was done in desperation because I was running out of time. As the green colour was automotive paint as well I did not expect anything bad to happen - and was right :analintruder:

p7b_zps005ffe6b.jpg

Now the decals are on it is quite obvious that the "7" on the fuselage and the numbers on the wing are much larger than they actually were. The notes (is that correct???) on the fuselage and wing tip radiators are not exactly as on the original as well. Still the decals looks nice and I am happy I was under time pressure - otherwise I might have attempt to correct this and ended up with just another unfinished kit...

Final assembly was almost straightforward. The only thing tricky were the exhausts which I drilled out: The first ones were the ICM parts but I did a lousy job on them. So I took some spares from a Tamiya box. But these did not fit in the ICM openings so I had to cut and sand a little ... on the already painted parts. I also decided to go with the tail wheel as per kit content - this is too large for the Beguinne but I just coud not find a better one in time. Once I do I will replace it.

Here it sits next to the Tempest which I finished yesterday night.

p8b_zps8c2180f6.jpg

Thanks for looking. Up next is the EE Lightning GB :yahoo:

Rene

• Like 2