This is a bit different

pigsty

A rare glimpse into the Canadian 'Fusalage' forrest, where Canadian lumberjacks fell these Fuselage sections and then float them down the rivers of British Columbia, The 737, the 767 The Mighty Scotch Pine 777, with their best girlies by their side they sing, Sing, Sing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A very expensive river block, to be sure. I wonder who is getting a rocket over that particular little incident? Saw it elsewhere a few days ago when someone was complaining they couldn't get down the river in their kayak because they were in the way. Someone else had snapped a pic of them on the train a few hours before they took an unscheduled swim :owww:

• 3 years later...

I didn't expect that, stroll on,.

Hard to believe that Boeing can deliver over 700 airliners a year, that's amazing. The total 707 run wasn't much more than that over 3 decades 50s/60s and 70s. That's why airports are the most boring places to visit. That and A320 shrunk and stretched models.

Thanks for that link !

• Like 2

I remember when I first saw the 6,000th 737 in Norwegian markings at IIRC Gatwick, I thought that there must be more 737s around than many other airliner types put together. (Edit: IIRC production is today well over 9,000...)

Then I started wondering about what makes a type so successful during the train trip into central London, a thought process that got me through various older designs. In the end I realised that in the end machines are a bit like living beings, there may a lot of potential shapes and configurations but in the end only the ones that are effective in a certain environment survive. The 737 (but the same could be said for the A320) had all the right things from the start and then evolved to adapt in the best possible way to the market so it survived. Other types didn't evolve in the same way and are now extinct or approaching extinction.

Of course the 737 didn't arrive on the scene by accident but itself evolved from something else... I used to think that the 737 evolved from the 707, now I realise that actually evolved from the fish... :lol:

Edited by Giorgio N

I worked on the 737 in Seattle in its early days and there were comparisons between it and a Killer Whale, Shamu, at the Seattle aquarium.

Around the time of its entry into service orders seemed to have stalled at 350 so it looked like it would only be in production for a few years...

John

• Like 1

Someone should teach whoever wrote that piece some proper English grammar: "the worse air disaster ever", "said Saturday that...", "derailed Thursday..." (I'll admit to it being possible to derail Thursdays but I don't think that that was what was meant).  Iss know wunder kids terday dunno owter tork an rite innit, nawat amin like innit.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...