A scene from Top Gun in 1/144th

This is my latest completion. It was done for the Tomcat STGB II and I thought I would to try and inject a bit of humour into this build, anyway I had fun doing it. The hardest bit was getting Maverick 'giving the bird', something that didn't work out too well but, after some major amputation, he is doing it. Enjoy.

Kits

Tomcat - Revell 1/144 F-14A

MiG-28 - Revell 1/144 F-5E TigerII

Figures

OzMods & Prieser 1/144th Generic ranges

Paints

Lifecolor and Citadel

Decals

Revell 1/144th F-14D Grey Scheme from spares box

VF-1 F-14A .PDF file supplied by Scarlet

MiG-28 homemade

Build Thread is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958011-the-data-on-the-mig-is-inaccurate-scene-from-top-gun-in-1144th-finished/

IMG_3775_zps52c5c132.jpg

IMG_3774_zps7565eeee.jpg

IMG_3755_zps7d0a1d21.jpg

CIMG2610_zps71f4016b.jpg

CIMG2607_zpse05de875.jpg

• Like 27

From which material did you made the attachments?

Hi Thomas, I used some 3mm acrylic rod and after heating with a hairdryer it was gently bent into shape. Those for the Tomcat were bent around a coffee tin and the F-5 was simply done by eye until they looked similar. HTH

• Like 1

OMG this brings back so many memories. Makes me feel like shouting "I feel the need, the need for speed!"

Superb idea and builds, especially in such a small scale. Just one question, is your f-14 pilot giving the Mig pilot the "bird"? C'mon, talk to me Goose....

• Like 1

Hi Nimrod

Fantastic, is it me or can you hear the soundtrack while looking at the pictures ?

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat. Yes I think you can hear the soundtrack, I have Danger Zone going through my head now.

Superb idea and builds, especially in such a small scale. Just one question, is your f-14 pilot giving the Mig pilot the "bird"? C'mon, talk to me Goose....

Indeed he is bunnylurve as evidenced in the following photo

CIMG2552_zps4be3ed04.jpg

and thanks to everyone else for their comments.

• Like 3

That is really cool. It also reminds me of the similar scene from hotshots. I love the clear rod, Were did you get it from :)

Thanks Rob, glad you like it mate. The acrylic rod I bought off Amazon from a company called NestPlastics but I have also found similar stuff on ebay.