Heritage Aviation 1/48 Cadet TX.3

My latest, something I've wanted to build for a while.

Not the first resin kit I've made but probably the most difficult. I found scale drawings which were very helpful and I mostly scratchbuilt the cockpit and other details. The digital camera has rather accentuated the flaws but there you go. The decals were a bit see-through and the "Air Cadets" logo is a bit big but most of the other problems were of my own making but anyway, here it is. I've finished it as XE810 of 662 VGS at Arbroath in 1980, when I soloed in this glider.

20140706_163503_edit_zps9b7641bf.jpg
20140706_163449_zpsc806068f.jpg
20140706_163138-edit_zps8e632f4a.jpg

Edited by Dereknf
  • Like 6

Nice job, and well done - it looks the part. I know what you mean about some challenges - I built one a few years ago of an RAF Milltown 663 GS Cadet from 1976. I think I ended up scratchbuilding the entire fuselage but using the wings and tail surfaces.

Regards

Tim

Not a bad job. I've got one in the stash to build sometime and your views are of help. Interesting to see the Air Cadets' title is a bit big. I'll probably go for some aftermarket decals for all the numerals and lettering . Probably Modeldecal or Xtradecal. Mine will be in the silver dope and dayglo era scheme and as XN250, the one I soloed in with 623GS at Tangmere 1970.

Looks fantastic. I, unfortunately didn't get to experience an open cockpit. All my gliding was done on the Grob Viking which is a penthouse in comparison.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom.

What a great little model and with a special part of your heart included too, it looks really impressive,

Cheers

Tony