Badger Renegade Krome

shawty82

From my experience with hindsight i wish i had bought the Iwata i acquired recently right from the start. I enjoyed my single action badger and it introduced me to airbrushing well, but it was difficult to achieve the more advanced techniques that i can potentially do with my Iwata. So if i went back and did it again I'd have spent more and got better

I bought a Badger Renegade Krome last year - I'd tried various Iwatas and H&S at the LHS, and whilst they were gorgeous to use, I couldn't quite justify the cost. I then tried the Krome and was sold on it almost straight away.

It's very close in feel to Iwata and H&S, and a half to a third their price. It's a bit fiddly to maintain, but that's as much practice as learning what pressure and thinning ratios it likes... once you have that taken care of, it gets out of the way when you're painting.

Each to their own, eh?

John,

If you are importing goods or they go through wholesalers the prices go up accordingly.

Prices in the US are a little different to over here.

Badger appear to discount heavily, the brush over there looks to be about $140, while the Iwata B+ is $200 and the H&S Infinity CRplus 0.15 is $255. (figures from Chicago airbrush supply)

In the UK the Badger is for sale for about £150, the Iwata HP B+ is just over £160 and the H&S Infinity CRplus 0.15 is £165.

So all in the same price bracket in Europe.

Paul

• Like 1

Sorry, wasn't aware of that, Paul... I am, sadly, out of the habit of comparing UK prices to what I can now get here, but it gets depressing seeing the huge disparity. It's a shame really, as the price differential here made it an obvious choice, particularly as I paid $98 for mine (one of the promotional things that Chicago Airbrush do from time to time).

• 7 months later...

I have been using the Badger Velocity and Krome for a couple of years now. Bought the Velocity to replace my Iwata HP-CR when the nozzle died when being replaced after cleaning. The Velocity is a joy to use and when the Krome was released I bought it too. Great airbrushes, sturdy, easy to clean and great results.

Just my :2c:

Here's a review I did at MSW:

http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=8354

Edited by Gremlin56

• 10 months later...

I have Badger “Krome" and H&S "Evolution 2 in 1” airbrushes. They are both amazing

and I am absolutely satisfied with them.

Surely, the H&S Infinity is a cool and sexy airbru, but in Italy she has a price twice that

the one I spent for my Krome, and my Badger makes the same things i can do with the Infinity.

I can justify that her beauty is noteworthy, but i cannot justify that huge cost for this.

I am interested to have a tool who could do well and fine what i wish, also if it is not so pretty

esthetically like the german red airbru.

I have my two babies in working perfectly since 2 years, and the Krome is my favorite, despite it's true

that she is a bit fiddly [ respect to my H&S Evolution ] during cleaning operations;

but the feeling she offers to me, its fantastic balance and solidity without being too much heavy,

its range of control, that smooth trigger, that precise needle limiter

when i paint, for example, wave mirror camouflage on a german fighter 1/72 kit....is matchless!

Edited by ianpolinar
  • Like 2

Forgot.

I spent circa 116 pounds for my Krome.

I should have paid 195 GBP for a H&S Infinity ‘two in one’ ...to the same italian dealer.

Edited by ianpolinar

I have Badger “Krome" and H&S "Evolution 2 in 1” airbrushes. They are both amazing and I am absolutely satisfied with them.

Surely, the H&S Infinity is a cool and sexy airbru, but in Italy she has a price twice that the one I spent for my Krome, and my Badger

makes the same things i can do with the Infinity. I can justify that her beauty is noteworthy, but i cannot justify that huge cost for this.

I am interested to have a tool who could do well and fine what i wish, also if it is not so pretty esthetically like the german red airbru.

I have my two babies in working perfectly since 2 years, and the Krome is my favorite, despite it's true that she is a bit fiddly

[ respect to my H&S Evolution ] during cleaning operations; but the feeling she offers to me, its fantastic balance and solidity

without being too much heavy, its range of control, that smooth trigger, that precise needle limiter when i paint, for example,

wave mirror camouflage on a german fighter 1/72 kit....is matchless!

I just love my H&S to bits ,but I dont find her sexy at all.

Am I not using it for the right purpose ? :bouncy:

Edited by Stuck

haha) LOL!

Mate Stuck, i was just kidding. ))

Your airbru is made by a great german brand and i am glad you are loving yours. It’s an amazing tool.

...btw, if i consider Infinity a sexy baby....why not ?!? :speak_cool: