1/35 Dragon Jagdtiger! Its big!

Hello friends

This is another incursion in the world of AFV's for an "aircraft" guy I'm liking this too much :D :D

I hope you like it, this is the 2-3th Dragon (the new ones) kit i build and if the kit is really good there are some issues with the instructions, lots of missing indications for some parts well probably because I'm a rookie on this things.

Anyway i hope you like it.

This is only airbrush work i like to put some effects using the airbrush.

Thank you for looking

IMG_5646_zps61f651fd.jpg

IMG_5645_zpse91e4d29.jpg

IMG_5644_zps09cdacb6.jpg

IMG_5643_zps78cf70de.jpg

IMG_5658_zpsbb6165b5.jpg

IMG_5657_zps39a75f06.jpg

IMG_5656_zps115394f8.jpg

IMG_5655_zpsdab4995d.jpg

IMG_5654_zps1fcbfc98.jpg

IMG_5653_zps58b1e403.jpg

IMG_5652_zps98737f42.jpg

IMG_5651_zps0a242064.jpg

IMG_5650_zps9f98d7cb.jpg

Best regards

Vitor Costa

Edited by Vitor Costa

excellent work.

Nice work so far fella, just to make you aware Dragon took the measurements from a vehicle which had the main gun spiked and length of the barrel is too short. Its been depicted at full recoil, the crew drained all the fluid from the recoil cylinder and fired the main gun rendering it useless to avoid further use. The Eduard replacement is just a copy of kit barrel and is also too short, The Armour scale turned alloy barrel is I think the only accurate replacement.

Regards

Dan

Hello friends

Thank you for you nice comments :D

Dan, thank you very much for the information, but i think i will use this. Its one of those things that is not that important to me, i would prefer to have the correct barrel but… do you know what is the difference? Its a huge difference?

Best regards

Vitor Costa

Hello friends

Thank you

Dave, this is for a costumer, i will give him only the kit but i think it will be placed in a simple wood display base (black as far as i know).

Dan, thank you very much for your help ;-). As i said before this is going to be an under commissioned work so i will not do nothing more than this.

But if it was for me i could consider to find that barrel, its not a huge difference but there is some…

Here are some more pictures :D

IMG_5750_zps3ceb57b6.jpg

IMG_5751_zps9ce378e8.jpg

IMG_5753_zps7ad2cec9.jpg

IMG_5756_zpsae2a06f9.jpg

IMG_5760_zps203750f8.jpg

IMG_5761_zps12f11154.jpg

IMG_5762_zpsaff9b00a.jpg

Best regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa

• Like 4

Hi Vitor, You could just pack our the barrel close to the breach which would work?

Nice work on the weathering so far, looking very realistic. Now I can't wait to see it finished.

Regards

Dan

Hello Friends

Thank you for your nice words.

Hi Vitor, You could just pack our the barrel close to the breach which would work?

Nice work on the weathering so far, looking very realistic. Now I can't wait to see it finished.

Regards

Dan

Thank you very much Dan, I'm glad you are liking it :D

This is looking the business.

thank you snapper :D

Wow.....That's some epic paintwork! B)

Thank you Sgt. :D

Some more pictures, i hope you like it.

Thank you for looking.

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5766.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5777.jpg

Best regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa

• Like 2

You mentioned the size of this monster,

the first time I saw one at the field of armor at the Aberdeen Proving Ground.

The Jagdtiger and the Jagdpanther dominated the field.

Great job!

• 1 year later...

Looking very good Mr Costa! This truly looks real. It inspired me so much, that I just had to buy an own Jagdtiger.

Now I was wondering, those poles/sticks colored in white and red on the right side of this beast, what are they meant to serve for use? I have seen them also on artillery units.

Great build anyways.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Modeljaeger, they're ranging poles. You would site them forward of the vehicle at a known distance and then the gradations would give you a range grid. Really only used in indirect fire weapons, howitzers and stuff. Don't know how useful they would be for a mobile vehicle. I suppose in a hull down firing position, tank killer style they would work. Jk

A more likely answer to the poles would be barrel cleaning rods, would also be used to push out a shell out of the barrel when you get a hang fire. The the colouring on the rods would tell you how far you've gone down the barrel and are about to start hitting the shell with the rods, at this point you would not want to be at either end of the gun tube!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is too bit, I've one

I like the camo work, very good definited color lines