Sounds for WW2 aircraft models

VonkeyVong

I have a Tamiya 'Sound Action' Zero in my stash which one of my mates keeps pestering me to sell to him, he wants to use the sound unit with an Fw 190.

This got me to thinking that some years ago now I seem to remember that someone was producing something like the Tamiya Sound Action instalation for different aircraft types I just cant remember where I saw it.

Can anyone help?

If you want aircraft specific sound files you can download some here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,583.0.html

They have most WW2 fighters and bombers. Although it's intended for the online game Aces High, which I recommend by the way. I'm sure they could used on models if you can find a way of putting a speaker into one with a connection to a PC or phone.

Can`t say I have ever seen sound units for static models! but I stand to be corrected on that!

The good old Monogram B-52D had this gimmick in the late 60s, and I think there was also something from Lindberg, though all were for jets.

many years ago, there was a 2LP of these sounds made

WINGS_OF_HISTORY_BATTLE_OF_BRITAIN_Fligh

WINGS OF HISTORY BATTLE OF BRITAIN. Flightstream Records AFP131 UK Mono reprocessed to Stereo 2LP 1979. ORIGINAL PRESSINGS ON BLUE AND YELLOW FLIGHTSTREAM LABELS WITH GATEFOLD SLEEVE AND ORIG POLY INNERS. Condition: EX/EX/EX.

Relive our finest hour as Great Britain stands alone defending the free world on this album sound picture of the greatest of all air battles with the voice of Douglas Blackwell. Plus rare tracks of aircraft up to 1945. Officially endorsed by the Royal Air Force Museum. Released by Arrangement with BBC Records.
Tracklistâ–¼
A1 Zeppelin Air Ship; Gloster Gladiators A2 Junkers Ju 52/3m A3 Hawker Hurricane A4 Messerschmitt Bf 110 A5 Heinkel He 115 A6 Messerschmitts Attack A7 Hurricane Squadron A8 Junkers Ju 87 Stukas A9 Heinkel He 111 Bombers.
B1 Heinkel He 111 Bombers - Intercepted By Hurricanes B2 Heinkel He 111 Returns B3 Sunderland B4 Walrus B5 RAF Bomber Station - Whitley Returns B6 Daylight Raids - Southern England B7 Defiant Fighters B8 Wellington Bomber / German Siren / Wellingtons Return B9 Massed Night Raids / British Siren B10 Messerschmitt Bf 109e Staffel.
C1 Junkers Ju 88 Bombers C2 Spitfire Squadron 'Scramble' C3 Spitfire Fighters Intercept Enemy Raiders - 'Dog Fight' C4 Bristol Beaufighters C5 PBY Catalina C6 Focke-Wulf Fw 190.
D1 Stirling Bombers D2 Lancaster Mk 1 D3 A20 Boston D4 Halifax Bombers D5 P51 Mustang D6 B24 Liberator D7 Typhoon, And Rocket Attack D8 V1 Flying Bombs D9 Tempest Fighter D10 Final 'All Clear'.

I actually have this, but never got around to playing it...

HTH

T

Off the WW2 topic but I have the 'sound effect' Monogram B-52 which makes a clickety - clacking sound unlike any jet engine!

Have you ever heard an A-10's engine windmilling in the breeze?

bob

• Like 1

Off the WW2 topic but I have the 'sound effect' Monogram B-52 which makes a clickety - clacking sound unlike any jet engine!

Weren't there versions of the B-52 with TF-30s ? That may be an engine for which clickety-clack is quite correct.

• Like 1

Flightstream Productions produced 3 LPs "Officially endorsed by the Shuttleworth Collection," under the banner "Wings of History," recorded at Old Warden; I've no idea if they've been issued on CDs, but it might be worth asking Shuttleworth.

Edgar