A new SSBN «Typhoon» submarine(project 941) in 1/350 from MikroMir

praded-dembelya

d7e3c1eb6304t.jpg

1ed257ea9a6ft.jpg

bbc1a01ac050t.jpg

b4c08b4696b2t.jpg

61cd01d6fe1ct.jpg

This looks like a great kit, is it possible to build as a full hull kit or is is a waterline only option? I don't see any sprue shots of the lower hull,

cheers,

Pappy

This looks like a great kit, is it possible to build as a full hull kit or is is a waterline only option? I don't see any sprue shots of the lower hull,

cheers,

Pappy

That's what I was thinking Pappy - but the last sprue shows the propulsors as full circles and there appears to be a lower rudder - and all Micr-Mirs subs so far have been full-hull, so here's hoping......

Looking forward to it.....

Ken

That's what I was thinking Pappy - but the last sprue shows the propulsors as full circles and there appears to be a lower rudder - and all Micr-Mirs subs so far have been full-hull, so here's hoping......

Looking forward to it.....

Ken

Wooohoooo!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to say, having recently done some serious Typhoon research, Mikromir,s Typhoon is the only choice for an accurate model.

Chris

Chris and I met up at the recent IPMS Avon show - and compared our respective models of the Typhoon - my Hobby Boss and Chris' Alanger version.

I took a couple of photos to show the differences.....

350_Typhoon_28.jpg

Note the different placement of the sail on the flat decking - the HB kit is way out.

The Alanger kit is also slightly longer - Chris has modified his model to add the towed sonar and missile tubes.....

350_Typhoon_29.jpg

Ken

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Have to say, having recently done some serious Typhoon research, Mikromir,s Typhoon is the only choice for an accurate model.

Chris

You're right , only Mikro mir have an exact stern in plastic model (Allenger kit is difficult to find WITH decals ).

The best Typhoon are Mikro mir , Polar Bear (not the same price) and Grigorov (1/700 scale).

Pierre

Edited by Kagou
  • Like 1