This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

praded-dembelya

A new SSBN «Typhoon» submarine(project 941) in 1/350 from MikroMir

:jump_fire:This is going to be interesting as hobbyboss are releasing one as well, look forward to them both. Join my alanger 1/350 Typhoon and my stash of 1/400 revel typhoons.

Chris

d7e3c1eb6304t.jpg

1ed257ea9a6ft.jpg

bbc1a01ac050t.jpg

b4c08b4696b2t.jpg

61cd01d6fe1ct.jpg

This looks like a great kit, is it possible to build as a full hull kit or is is a waterline only option? I don't see any sprue shots of the lower hull,

cheers,

Pappy

This looks like a great kit, is it possible to build as a full hull kit or is is a waterline only option? I don't see any sprue shots of the lower hull,

cheers,

Pappy

That's what I was thinking Pappy - but the last sprue shows the propulsors as full circles and there appears to be a lower rudder - and all Micr-Mirs subs so far have been full-hull, so here's hoping......

Looking forward to it.....

Ken

That's what I was thinking Pappy - but the last sprue shows the propulsors as full circles and there appears to be a lower rudder - and all Micr-Mirs subs so far have been full-hull, so here's hoping......

Looking forward to it.....

Ken

Wooohoooo!

Wooohoooo!

Amen to that. Finally the cast for The Hunt for Red October is complete!!

It's a huge vessel isn't it?

It's a huge vessel isn't it?

HMS Invincible carrier ...... 22,000 tonnes displacement

Typhoon ....... 24,110 tonnes surfaced, 47,240 tonnes submerged.

'Nuf said....

Ken

just seen ebay offering of mikromir typhoon at £27.00 odd plus postage, waiting to see price tag on hobbyboss typhoon.

Chris

Have to say, having recently done some serious Typhoon research, Mikromir,s Typhoon is the only choice for an accurate model.

Chris

Have to say, having recently done some serious Typhoon research, Mikromir,s Typhoon is the only choice for an accurate model.

Chris

Chris and I met up at the recent IPMS Avon show - and compared our respective models of the Typhoon - my Hobby Boss and Chris' Alanger version.

I took a couple of photos to show the differences.....

350_Typhoon_28.jpg

Note the different placement of the sail on the flat decking - the HB kit is way out.

The Alanger kit is also slightly longer - Chris has modified his model to add the towed sonar and missile tubes.....

350_Typhoon_29.jpg

Ken

Chris

You're right , only Mikro mir have an exact stern in plastic model (Allenger kit is difficult to find WITH decals ).

The best Typhoon are Mikro mir , Polar Bear (not the same price) and Grigorov (1/700 scale).

Pierre

Edited by Kagou