1/72 scale Supermarine Stranraer

That's a super model, well done! Particularly pleasing to see that the CMK engines make such an improvement, as I've bought some for mine, which I will hopefully get around to in the autumn :)

thats absolutely amazing, i like the water ofcourse and i like the propellers effect too. way better than full clear discs. on some photos i can imagine all the movement on the weaves, up and down, ... very nice

Thanks Wolwe82.

I'm still experimenting with the prop blur. One of the things I plan to change is the yellow which I think is too solid. Next time I'll try and blur it out towards the edges.

Kindest regards,

Marags.

That's a super model, well done! Particularly pleasing to see that the CMK engines make such an improvement, as I've bought some for mine, which I will hopefully get around to in the autumn :)

The CMK engines fitted a treat once I used some sandpaper to thin down the width of the cowlings in the kit. In the end I decided not to glue the engines and the engine, cowling and propeller blur are all held together with bluetack. Excellent stuff bluetack!

Marags.

Great job Marags

Are the prop blurs home made or shop bought ?

Cheers Pat

Hi Jockney,

I made them myself after much experimentation and I've still got some tweaking to do before they're right. You asked before about showing you how to make them and I apologise for not showing you as requested. I'll definitely get round to it one day once I can persuade a certain "Little Madam" to take the pictures. She thinks that dads hobby is boring and immature.

• Like 2

Great work Marag love it. After the Sunderland and this what's next?

Thanks Neil,

I'm just finishing "something completely different"; a 1/72 Italeri F-35 lightning II. Its not a great kit and I've made a bit of a hash of it as I experimented with a pin wash that wouldn't come off. What are you working on yourself?

Outstanding...I've built this kit twice...never came close to what you achieved. :wub:

Thanks Les,

I'm sure that you are just being modest. All I did was apply lots of muck.

Are your Whistling S***houses on this site?

• 1 month later...

Ok.. I shall just copy and paste from your other thread because it still applies. :lol:

Holy mother of all that is modelling! :yikes:

I go away for a little while and people go and do this sort of thing... I'm going to have to up my game! :hypnotised:

Excellent job you've done there. Love it! :thumbsup:

Hi Jockney,

I made them myself after much experimentation and I've still got some tweaking to do before they're right. You asked before about showing you how to make them and I apologise for not showing you as requested. I'll definitely get round to it one day once I can persuade a certain "Little Madam" to take the pictures. She thinks that dads hobby is boring and immature.

How is Dad getting on with his gentle art of persuasion, is dad's hobby still boring ? Or should that be blurring : )

Cheers Pat

That's a truly excellent rendition of the Stranraer and the seascape is fantastic. I look forward to your tutorial on the prop blur.

Is that Charlie Barley's marags on your profile pic marags? :coolio:

That's a truly excellent rendition of the Stranraer and the seascape is fantastic. I look forward to your tutorial on the prop blur.

Is that Charlie Barley's marags on your profile pic marags? :coolio:

Charlie Barley's marag it is. So full of concentrated saturated fat that even looking at one gives you angina!

I could have used one of Calan Neillies Kippers (of which I made many thousands) or a stag loaf but I look more like a marag!