Helicopter model built in under two minutes...

At our local farmers market a guy has started selling lazer cut models. My sister-in-law bought me the item below. It's cut form 3mm MDF, neat hey? I built it in under two minutes. It comes with instructions too, do you think I used them daaaa! Now all I have to do is decide on a colour scheme...

IMG_4189cropre_zps9c7abc2d.jpg

IMG_4190cropre_zps8742cbb8.jpg

Colin, Tongue firmly in cheek...

• Like 8

Is that really built, or is it just a dry-fit?

Hi Will, yes it's supposed to hold it'self together (push fit) but a couple of the joints needed a dab of cyano.

For the scheme i'm thinking EC-135 UK police maybe or a Lakota.

Colin

• Like 1

With the greatest respect, from where I'm sitting it's BLINDINGLY obvious that you have installed the landing gear support crosspiece the wrong way round. Even the most cursory inspection of the actual airframe would have revealed that this part is in fact handed, and that assembled this way, it looks absolutely NOTHING like the original! :lol:

Fun, aren't they, though? Laser cut MDF is really, really big in the wargames field for buildings of all sorts. Kits range from the very simple, to super-detailed and complex. Some people love it, others loathe it, but it's a good way of getting terrain on a table PDQ if your pockets are deep enough, and the end result will usually stand a bit of handling. Unlike some of the uber-authentic scratchbuild pieces I've made... :angry::crying:

• Like 1

no spinning rotor? Where is the fun while playing? :banghead:

The point where the tailrotor shoukld be Trishi is where you hold it, otherwise blood on ythe fingers! I'll point it out to the guy who makes them maybe he can modify the design.

Thanks Cat, very serious...

As for aftermarket parts, we usually indulge in falafals or waffles or coffee and cake...

Thanks for looking everyone, I believe a hobby is for enjoyment and I'm determined to enjoy mine.

Colin

• Like 1

Do they do flying bananas with MDT? I'de love to see you super-detailing that one Nigel!

Thanks Nigel, would that be fried banans on medium dencity toast? Or medium toasted bananas on dence toast.??? I think we may have to throw a little bacon to liven up the banana.

The guy who makes them says all he needs is a drawing, he makes anything but not toast/ed.

Colin