++completed++ 1/48 Cavalier Turbo III Mustang - Heritage Models Conv

trickyrich

thanks guys, she does look pretty cool and mean!!!

Ok with luck this will be the final update before she's done!!!

Just the gloss coat and a wee bit of tiding up to go.

I am still finding I'm touching up bit and pieces, wish I'd done the paint job as I normally would have, as there wouldn't have been so many touch ups!! Oh well.

The front canopy fitted, actually not a bad fit at all.

I've drilled out the gun barrels ready for the new aluminum replacements, much nicer than the original.

It's had it's gloss coat but I'm not really happy with it, think it needs to be even more glossy! Not sure how this finish lasted for the life of the plane. Don't know if it was kept this way for demo's or over time it gradually lost it's shine?

DSCF1939_zps3be14cc7.jpg

Once I've done the two decals (only the serials numbers to do) and the panels, I might give it another coat to see if that helps.

DSCF1940_zpsec6cd3b9.jpg

Hopefully will have it done by tomorrow.....

• Like 3

ok after a bit of effort I'm finally ready to call this one completed!

It would have been a much easier build if I hadn't done things bottom about from how I would have normally have done them. :wall: The conversion kit is not really that flash but with some effort something really nice and unusual can be built.

I have addition photo's in the gallery plus in the RFI section.

DSCF1958_zpsc1defc05.jpg

DSCF1955_zpsa364126a.jpg

DSCF1947_zpsac8818da.jpg

DSCF1951_zpsff9ee5c1.jpg

DSCF1948_zps8a063a75.jpg

Thanks for all your nice comments on the way, it was really appreciated :worthy: , enjoy.

I do have the basic plans for a 1/24th scale version.........plus I have an old crusty Airfix P-51D I built about 30+ years ago.......would I be silly enough??? :banghead::hmmm:

• Like 4