Haizerado class Astro Battleship

thanks mate - Like you, I don't generally go for the most popular choices in colors :)

You get the bridge section from the Domelaze with the Darold as well and it's a solid molding - no decals. You could recast the whole bridge section in a clear resin like I did for the Darold if you want to light it. Beats trying to drill out the holes, that's for sure :)

I haven't seen the new camo - got any pics? I'd love to see it

The Dreadnought allows you to build one or the other bridge variants, the plain version or the one with the teleportation devices. The windows are clear but unfortunately clear purple which doesn't help much :P Though as the windows are separate it'd be easier to get a fresh cast of just those rather than the whole saucer structure.

It also comes with the same sprue as the Battle Carrier and uses most of the same bits, but gives you a new better upper saucer part :)

The new carrier was on the advert for the new film due December, so hopefully we'll get to see it early next year :)

2199f1.jpg

I had some references for Goer's ship too if you want some more references, I used it as the basis for my build though i tweeked the scheme a bit

Any references would again be really appreciated :). I noticed your Goergametsch design had the gold bits left golden rather than green, which looks quite good actually.

I managed to find some sprue shots of the Domelaze and going from them and what has been said here, I'm curious, does the Domelaze come with the main saucer with two option parts, or does it come with the main kit saucer plus options but then also a second saucer kit? If it gives you two saucers, can they both be attached to the rest of the ship?

http://matever.com/archives/ct01complete/

This site has some of the most beautiful models from the 2199 range I've ever seen, and just like this build, a lot of them have custom paint schemes, some from the show, some more creative. I suggest you take a look!

Edited by bhopper
  • Like 1

The Domelaze gives you in total three upper saucer bits, but only one lower part so unfortunately you can only build one complete saucer. If you had the Battlecarrier you'd have all the bits to build a second complete saucer (though it would be the teleportation gear variant only) and then you can swap them, the connections work.

If you can acquire a spare underside, or I guess make your own, then you have enough bits for two full versions :)

Thanks for the website too, I love the Type 61 Tank, my all time favourite kit to build. :D

And I'll get some reference pics up later today :) Best thing about Goer's design is it is symmetrical which helps a lot with the planning and masking

Edited by Misrule

That's a shame, but I guess the kit more than makes up for it. It would be nice if Bandai released box sets with smaller ships in them, like the two destroyers that come in ship set 2, only in their own box so you don't need to buy the battleship with them. Little fighter box sets to add to the carriers without having to buy a full new carrier.

One thing that I hope does come out but probably won't would be a Domel fleet set with the 4 carriers and the dreadnought.

Unfortunately I don't have the skills or the means mould and cast my own duplicate parts, oh well.

Me neither really, I'd call myself an enthusiastic amateur, certainly not the calibre of Messrs Hatter and Vale here :) Inspirational work :)

Be amazing if they did the whole fleet, though you'd probably need to hire your own jet to get them delivered :D There are some smaller models out there of the full fleet by I think Megahouse but I can't confirm they are in scale with each other. I do agree that they should release the smaller kits individually, I'd buy a full squadron of Melda's Czvarke Fighter. That fighter in 1/72 and the Deusula Dreadnought are my dream kits for this series, and then of course all the Earth ships I hope they make with a possible second series

Anyhow, some battleship references, hope they work and thanks to Mr Hatter for tolerating this tangent to his masterpiece :)

• Like 1

Again, thanks for the great references :) hopefully I'll get my battleship done and post it here soon. Maybe along with all my other Yamato builds.

The megahouse miniature carriers are all in scale, and the megahouse yamato is in scale with them, but the megahouse domelaze isn't in scale unfortunately :(

I don't think Bandai will release the Deusla Dreadnought or at least not any time soon, but megahouse are releasing a miniature one with a detachable core ship, so we'll have to make do with that. Of course a 1/1000 Andromeda would be more than welcome in my fleet :D who knows what the future holds for model kits?

And yes, a bit off topic, sorry about that

I have no problems with the detraction - you've both provided some cool links! I had a good long look through that one of yours bhopper, never seen a green gelvades class before and I quite like it. The core ship there is a bit too light with its blue but in some ways it works.

I haven't seen the gray Shangrila anywhere online yet but I'm thinking it's because it's gray and not some uber bright colour and people may find it boring. I do as well, but with the lights it looks really cool.

I wish I had the skills and the money necessary to customise models like the ones in the blog I linked, and also like this very build and the on Misrule linked. One model is one thing, but having loads of them to bash at and have different versions is maybe something a bit out of reach.

I don't suppose you guys know of anywhere in the UK that might stock these kits? The standalone prices of the models aren't too bad but the shipping costs bring a £40 kit up to the £60-£80 range.

I've been getting mine from Hobby Link Japan and buying 3-4 at a time to try save on postage. I'm not sure its working :P

You can find them on E-Bay, I think I saw a few on Amazon too but it worked out cheaper to buy from abroad despite the hefty postage. Very serious mark ups I'm afraid on most of them, I wish you luck sir :)

Where do you find these links from???!! My google searches never yield these kinds of results....

That doro-something did things the hard way with the engine lighting on his, even the mounting seems a little OTT, but if it works for him the so be it.

I'm a little disappointed that my side nav lights do t work, but I'll live with it. My side light colors are yellow and green, not pink and orange ( doesn't seem right with the pink as the engines are already pink)

I went with a light gray overall and a darker gray for the accents as I don't like the violet tinge to the intake covers.

Speaking of which, it'll be time shortly to go start post shading and weathering. I'll go easy this time round. :)

I've been getting mine from Hobby Link Japan and buying 3-4 at a time to try save on postage. I'm not sure its working :P

You can find them on E-Bay, I think I saw a few on Amazon too but it worked out cheaper to buy from abroad despite the hefty postage. Very serious mark ups I'm afraid on most of them, I wish you luck sir :)

I got my set #4 and the core ship on EBay for mega cheap out of Japan of all places. It cost me about $100.00 au for both shipped to my door. The Balgray came from a hobby shop here in Melbourne and that cost me $100.00 just for that!

Ah, I never thought of checking eBay or Amazon, I went straight to HobbySearch (1999.co.jp). But from what I can see, a lot of them have free shipping on amazon, which helps a lot.

Madhatter, when you're talking about the nav lights you don't mean the eye shaped intake/scoop lights in the middle of the ship do you?

.... when you're talking about the nav lights you don't mean the eye shaped intake/scoop lights in the middle of the ship do you?

No, the small lights on the side of the ship below the bridge section. The lights your talking about definitely work :)

I came across that blog while looking up Star Wars dioramas, the guy does an amazing Hoth hanger and apparently branched out into Yamato. Pretty sure his work has appeared in hobby magazines so he might be pretty well known over there.

But I can't agree with purple :P It does look to me like it should have a tiny hint of pale violet or lilac in there, but mainly grey. Also the way weathering seems to work in space that colour will get bleached out leaving just pale grey, so I'd call that accurate :) The intakes are also supposed to be Gamilas green if you've got some of that colour spare, least it looked that way on the show :)

I think you are bang on with yellow and green nav lights, those are definitely the colours on the Dreadnought and something like that must be standardised across the fleet. Seems logical to me anyway :D

EDIT-

Definitely yellow and green

244qm80.png

Edited by Misrule

Regarding the intakes, they can be a number of colours depending on the ship and situation. The Shangri La, this build has vibrant pink intakes, which I think Misrule posted references for earlier in the thread. The blue imperial guard ships have the same colour on their intakes when they're passive, but during battle the intakes change to an orange at the back going to a pink at the front of the intake. It's safe to assume that the Shangri La does the same, being pink when cruising and shifting to orange/pink at battle stations.

The standard ships have Garmillas green intakes in cruising mode which then shift to orange and yellow in battle.

I reckon those things are a sort of targeting sensor that switches modes, bit like naval radar going from search mode to tracking mode. Though as far as I know there isn't a canon explanation for them yet.

Worth noting though that the big carriers don't have them, only the front line warships which suggests to me that they must have something to do with engaging enemy ships directly. As the Carriers are supposed to lurk behind the lines far from enemy warships they presumably don't need them.

The various fighters and bombers seem to have them too, even the tanks do, but not civilian transports.

Just a theory though that seems to fit the facts :)

That would make sense, the carriers stay behind enemy lines and use aircraft to fight. The Gelvades carrier has the sensors, but it's a battlecarrier so it can engage in combat, hence why it has them, I think the radar theory is most likely the true reason behind the intakes.

My Lambea just arrived today and I can't wait to get started on her :D

• Like 1

Afraid so, chap who started the thread had a bit of a barney and started altering things so the mods had to purge it along with most of his other posts.

Bit of a pity, might have to recreate it and start fresh :)

Thanks Misrule, teach me to go on holiday and not keep up to date.

Anyway, back to the holiday, final swim of the day before dinner and cocktails!

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

No kidding? I didn't go on holiday and I missed that part too. Must of happened when I was asleep.

Bugger about the light colours though. I just assumed that the Shangri La also ran with the green/orande lights so that's what I went with. Too late to change them out now.

I can also see why that Japanese guy went with so many SMDs but still a lot of hard work. I can still make mine look similar with some small paint lines around the disc.