Haizerado class Astro Battleship

I found some moulding errors on my version, the right side wing trailing edge and the back of the wing tip pod were missing maybe a millimetre or so of plastic. Fixable but quite a surprise, Bandai are usually very good at getting stuff right first time.

I had a similar issue with the Lambea, one of the flight deck sprues had snapped on one side and part of the deck was split. This wouldn't be such an issue but when I find out that my cousin's Schderg had a snapped sprue in exactly the same place it left me baffled.

I hope Bandai isn't losing it's touch

Edited by bhopper

well, this and the Darold are the only Bandai kits I have ever built so I have nothing to compare the quality with. I am not complaining in anyway - I think they go together extremely well and make life quite easy for lighting.

on a seperate note, I finally got to watch the live action yamato last night and man - what amazing effects! Loved it. The DVD has a 360 degree rotating view of the Yamato, so if you want to build one of thre Bandai kits into a resemblance of thew screen version, that is if great help

The actress who plays Yuki is in my opinion quite possibly the most beautiful woman alive :bouncy::wub:

• Like 1

Funny you should mention the live action yamato, because I stumbled upon one talented modeller's version of the beast:

http:/i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg533/otamay1941/390aug12add_zps4f06279f.jpg

And if you guys haven't already, I suggest checking out the Yamato Modeller's Galleries at CosmoDNA

Yamato and Fighters: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/390/

UNCF and EDF: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/391/

Enemies: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/392/

I hope these links work, I can't copy/paste things.

I am so over this ship now, it's not funny. I have finished hours of painting and masking and was about to put on the gloss coat ready for a pin wash when I decided to do a last lighting check for no other reason that I just wanted to - only to find that the bridge light has now stopped working and a couple of the fibers inside must have either slipped their sleeves somehow or I've blown the LED's because only a few lights are working. The main central ones and the engine light still work which is great, but the rest of them are not working like they should

I can't do a thing about it either because it's all sealed up. This is what happens when amateurs like me try lighting - it just doesn't work!

Remind me next time I decide to try and build anything with lights not do a WIP so I don't majorly embarrass myself again....

That's a shame Madhatter, I am really enjoying this build. I was eyeing one of these up at HLJ the other day. Think I will stick to my Gundams and Macross mecha for the time being unless I can find a Amaterasu (アマテラス?). :D

I also wondered what happened to the dual build/favourite mecha thread, I saw it one night, went to reply the next day and they where gone. Thought I had broken my pc... Which for an IT guy is kinda worrying... :/

Kind Regards

Dazz

I'm assumig you mean the buddy build thread that was started not long ago? If so, from what I understand, it got deleted by the mods for some barney that occured in it. I didn;t see it, but did note it had disappeared

I missed the drama too. Must have blinked!

Bad luck on the lighting mate- maybe Will could offer some advice, there might be a way to salvage something from it? Even if not, the build is shaping up to be a fantastic model, lights or no...

MH,

As with all your builds it will look fantastic. The lights are always a bonus.

Probably a loose connection, trapped wire or blown LED, though the last seems less likely. I've have plenty of half lit models along the way.

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks guys. It's not all doom and gloom, I was just really peeved last night and as a result I probably shouldn't post when emotional as it makes it sound worse than it is. The weird thing about it is that the bridge light was working fine when the halves first went together but now it doesn't so I'm hoping that it'll come back on its own accord (maybe wishful thinking here)

Anyway, should have it done on Monday

Thanks again

Si

Sorry to hear that, it must be very annoying. I'm always terrified that my wires will snap at the joints since they seem to get frangible when tinned, so I've started blobbing epoxy on where bare wires go into the veroboard as strain relief.

I'm sure it won't detract too much from the build though - your detailing always shines!

Will

I would like to see how many of you agree that Bandai should bring out an expansion kit for the Deusla 2 Core Ship Model. I actually purchased this model but I do think that it is a little weak looking and I know that it is technically an incomplete model. I personally would like to see Bandai release an expansion set for this model. Do you guys agree?

Edited by SH2199

• 2 weeks later...

Aah. I wish they would release the extra addon pack! I would buy it in a heart beat too. The only reason I wouldn't get the mecha collection version is because it would be out of scale with my other Deusla core as it would be smaller when it should be bigger lol