Haizerado class Astro Battleship

Thanks Will!

Misrule posted a link to YouTube that was the movie but that post seems to have been lost with the server move. Never mind. Luckily, I copied the URL and saved it last night before that happened, and I watched about an hour of it before I had to crash. Man, awesome, awesome movie. The special effects are brilliant. Lots of holes in the story though. Like how the heck did they get it built so fast from when the technology crashed to earth? But that they are all small holes, and I didn't care.

I prefer the earth defence ships right at the beginning thou. They look unreal. Shame no one did a kit if those, otherwise that would be next on the to buy list!!

He also posted a pic of a brilliant Yamato. I'm hoping there's a WIP thread of that somewhere on the net?

Yeah, must have been eaten, I can link it again if you need it :)

The guy who made the battleship does indeed have a site documenting his progress here

http://www.geocities.jp/dourakuoyadi/newpage500SBY-1.htm

and his site in general

http://www.geocities.jp/dourakuoyadi/

He's currently working on super detailing the new 1/500 Yamato, a master of his craft :) Plenty of other Yamato series ships in his gallery to browse and drool over most of them scratch builds or serious conversions.

http://www.geocities.jp/dourakuoyadi/newpage-puramoderu.htm

Love the Heavy Cruiser at the start of the movie, but very hard to find reference material on unfortunately.

Edited by Misrule
  • Like 2

Youtube took it down because of a copy right violation (understandable but still a bummer) :(

I was about to watch the rest of it only to find it gone....

Just sat and had a good long read through the whole thread, like where it's going even though I don't know the source material.

Some good bits I'm looking at for when I get round to my Star Destroyer!

Just sat and had a good long read through the whole thread, like where it's going even though I don't know the source material.

Some good bits I'm looking at for when I get round to my Star Destroyer!

I'm assuming your talking about the linked build there? It's OK, I'm not offended :Plol

It is quite amazing isn't it. I actually came across his thread a long time ago but could never find it again, so it's great to revisit his builds. He is one extremely talented guy

MH

Looks like there's a build/review in the September Hobby Japan?

It's interesting, the parts look like a small kit scaled up rather than covered in detail - should be a nice canvas for the Madhatter...

I wonder if you can trim a moustache with the front end :)

Will

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with you entirely Anthony, his stuff is unreal! I just stick bits and bobs on existing kits, where as he scratches his stuff. 2 very different kinds of building. Like you, I spent a LONG time reads his thread and wishing I could do similar. One of these days, l'll attempt a scratch build. Just need to find the right subject matter first.

As for my next build, it'll be the green triple decker carrier. I think SBY would make a great group build as I'm sure there would be others who would be in for it too. I also have the core ship in the stash and now that the dreadnaught has been released, that'll be added to the pile as well

My wallet is already protesting!!!

How bout it Jim, you for a group build? I reckon Will would be in too :) anyone else? My only problem is I build slow and get 3 days a week to do any building, so I probably wouldn't finish in time

MH

I'll do it if I can use my probably-not-25%-complete 1/500 Yamato. It's still mostly in bits. If not, the core ship looks nice.

I probably shouldn't mention your Br52 at this point :)

W

What u just described there Anthony is exactly what my interpretation of a group build was. LOL, just goes to show how naive I am when it comes to online forums. I've never actually participated in one before and I didn't even know u had a winner. In that case, a buddy build is right up my alley and I'm in.

Will, yes if course u can "enter" ur Yamato! :)

I haven't forgotten about the BR52, the tender stares at me from its resting spot in the shelf above my workspace, not so subtly reminding me to finish its engine counterpart. I am just bitten by SBY at the moment.

So do you have to register buddy builds as something official or can we just do it?

If the buddy build is likely to be in a few weeks time I have a Cosmo Falcon on its way from Hobby Search so I'd be in.

Cheers,

Warren

I think you just do it, but there's not any way to post in the same thread thatI know of. But multiple builds at the same time are good for motivation!

Will

I think you just do it, but there's not any way to post in the same thread thatI know of. But multiple builds at the same time are good for motivation!

Will

Couldn't you just reply like are doing now? everyone can still post pictures in the one thread

As for a start date, well, I need to finish this one off but once I'm done on this I'll be ready. However, if anyone wants to kick off now, feel free too. No need to wait for me :D

If anyone else reading this thread wants to join in, please do - the more the merrier!

Don't. You should see some of the pho pars I've made in the past :D

I reckon we kick off in a few weeks time and give others a chance to get interested and gather/wait for any kits that they may want to build?

I think a single thread would be suffice, but that's my opinion and I'll go with what ever

Man, so psyched right now!!! Gotta concentrate on this build first though. Not far from the finish line

no problems at all in regards to derailing this thread - I have no problems with that at all. Besides - it's not like I haven't been an active participant in the discussion :D

I like Space Battleship Yamato buddy build as a title - nice, simple and people will know what it's about. If we went with Vice Admiral Juzo Okita memorial buddy build I think it would be lost on a fair few people

If you want to start it off next week - I say go for it! I just won't be able to commence until I've finished the current build. I also need to find some photo etch for hangar details which will take some time

Poor excuses I know, but they are true :P

Sounds like a plan, I'd go for it Anthony. Will probably be early September before I join in with the Falcon. I also ordered a couple of the very small snap fix kits of andromeda and earth defence ship, well at £1 each it would have been rude not to.

Cheers,

Warren

greetings everyone

Well, it is a minimal update this week sorry. I am waiting on the micro controller to arrive at some point this week in order for me to be able to finish off constructing the battleship. I can't do anymore on it until it arrives unfortunately. So, I decided to make the little drone that comes with the set. I was going to try and light the "eyes" but I just couldn't find a feasible way of doing it, so it's only the engines that are lit sorry.

Since taking the pictures, I have joined the 2 halves together and am waiting for the putty to dry before I start to paint it. I hope to have the first coat on tonight (fingers crossed)

IMG_6106_zps26745ecd.jpg

IMG_6107_zps7551ccc5.jpg

IMG_6108_zpsb00ee031.jpg

IMG_6109_zps9102934f.jpg

IMG_6110_zps25474b85.jpg

Well, that's all I have for this week. Sorry it's so minimal. Hopefully, the controller will arrive soon and I can really get things rolling toward the end

Thanks for stopping in

MH

• Like 4

greetings all

Things have been progressing very slowly - especially with the main ship. I am unable to do anymore on it until I get the controller and the last few LED's - which I didn't realise are still in transit - almost a month AFTER I bought them. No wonder it was free shipping - it's coming from China by canoe!. Next time, I'll double check estimated arrival dates. Ridiculous really - especially in this day in age

Any way, rant over, back to the build.So, in the mean time, I have primed the ship - mostly because I was itching to see if the details will be lost - and to some degree they are, but not a lot is fortunately.

IMG_6135_zpse73764e6.jpg

IMG_6136_zps95c443ca.jpg

IMG_6137_zps9fe96c99.jpg

IMG_6138_zps248f0490.jpg

IMG_6139_zpsff8d73b0.jpg

IMG_6140_zpsab04e6db.jpg

IMG_6141_zpsf46491dd.jpg

IMG_6142_zps99b042ab.jpg

IMG_6143_zps2038d2a8.jpg

IMG_6144_zps531e9505.jpg

And I have been painting and trying to finish the drone. I have the paint work done but now need to decal it (all 4 of them) and then get a small base sorted out for it.

It is still gloss coated and needs a matte finish yet, but you get the idea

IMG_6145_zpsa2a1c377.jpg

Well, that's all for now until the controller arrives. From there, it should be an easy ride tot he finish!

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 3

Well, funny thing is, this ship will be gray, so it gives you an idea of what it'll look like when done - less shading and replaced panels

The helper is thanks to my 3 year old - he insisted that he be able to "help"