1/144 Concorde - G-BOAD British Airways Chatham Colours

Hi

I loaded a WIP thread last night, and here is the first of the white ladies that has been completed. I am in the process of making a diorama base for this, to depict her speeding away over the UK coastline. In the meanwhile here she is on the worktop - not looking particularly brilliant as the light was poor. I am saving the best of the detailing decals for the remaining 2 Revell kits which shall be posed nose/visor deployed down (1 full down for landing and 1 taking off - half down). Thanks for looking in - I will post the completed diorama base in a fortnight or so.

DSCF4874_zps6944fd90.jpg

DSCF4875_zps114852e9.jpg

DSCF4876_zps9ce04cf1.jpg

DSCF4877_zps2806cd6d.jpg

DSCF4878_zpsd721f7e6.jpg

DSCF4879_zpsf4976ab1.jpg

DSCF4880_zps39d5e0b0.jpg

DSCF4882_zps6843a17a.jpg

bye for now - John

• Like 6

Thanks for the words here guys. I flew on BOAD into NY which is why I picked this particular registration. Thanks also for linking back the decal thread question - 26Decals provide the cockpit and visor decals as part of the detail set. I filled and sanded the windows and visor beforehand.

Cracking looking build and I'm looking forward to seeing all completed.

Wow. Airfix 1/72? If so I think that's the best one I've seen.

Edit: of course it's 1/144, not 1/72

If only Airfix(or Heller) hadn't made such a mess of the 1/72 kit, I could've seen myself having quite a few in my stash otherwise.

Jeff

What a beauty! Very inspirational build John. I want to dig one out of the stash now!! :D Looking forward to seeing her on the display base you have planned. Sounds fab!

Cheers!

Vinny