GB Chat

Hi Les, Hi Mish :D

well here we are, I may actually start this one one time.

as one of the truly amazing and wonderful Co-hosts I promise to keep Les in line! :P

This should be a pretty big and diverse GB from what members have suggested already and lots of fun!!!

Just to push things to the limits I will be building a Cavalier Turbo Mustang III using the Heritage Models conversion kit and a Tamiya P-51D.....oh and in 1/48.

Time and work permitting a 1/48 Italeri A-36 as well.....the RB-51 is being saved for a future GB.

Can I join in ?

I might have to get a P-51 kit to work on....it won't be an immediate start as I have a lot of kits in progress....

Rick

Welcome to the Build look forward to your build

Les

I have this pencilled in for 2015?

Trevor

Hi Trevor and welcome ,no mate it now

Les

Just got my kit ordered through Amazon : Airfix A01004 North American P-51D Mustang 1:72 scale

Will post a thread when I get the kit with sprue shots.

Rick

Hi Rick what`s Amazon charging for the kit ?

Les

Hi Rick what`s Amazon charging for the kit ?

Les

Hi Les,

The kit cost me £5.99 and because I had ordered something else I got free delivery.

I believe that is the same price as hobbycraft.

It should arrive tomorrow so will be getting started tomorrow or Saturday.

Rick

A nice pre-start to the build with some interesting choices already!

Welcome to everyone, won't individually welcome everyone at once, don't want to upset the admin by clogging up the front page! :whistle: But will visit all our builders and welcome you aboard.

Let the fun begin.......tomorrow!

May I join ? One of my modelling theme is what I call "air war over Italy 1943-4%" and Mustangs of course played an important part in the operations over Italy.

I have two in the stash, both 1/72: the new Airfix D and the Hobbyboss B. Tomorrow I'll check both and decide which should be built first. I will then have to decide the markings..

I'd like to join in on this one guys if I may?

Last year the Mustang became my No.1 aircraft of WW2 (Possibly after visiting Duxford,replacing the much loved Mosquito) and I have been collecting P-51 kits like

there is no tomorrow.

I have 17 x 1:72 P-51's built so far and would like to take part in this GB.

Cheers

Deacon

No permissions required, come one, come all, just review the rules (not that I think we're too rule-obsessed here - Hey, maybe we should add a rule about that?)

And, most importantly, keep an eye on the closing date! (note to self...)

Captain Ginger-nutt aka bob

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 1

Well, seeing as I can't resist a good-stash diminishing Group Build, and seeing as I have (I think) seven of these little blighters lurking in there, together with some aftermarket decals and bits and bobs - how can I say no?

The only thing is don't expect any state of the art wonders... alas! My choice was... (brace, brace, and if you don't want to know the results, look away now)

Heller P-51D

Hasegawa P-51D (old Hales boxing)

Airfix P-51B

Academy P-51C

Frog P-51A

Smer (ex-Condor) P-51A

Revell P-51D (very old kit with whiskers in a new boxing)

Ho hum! Whatever I pick surgery will ensue, but as long as it looks like a Mustang I'm happy!

So... I'm leaning towards Hasegawa & Airfix. Sound OK?

Chris

Hi guys hope you don't mind me getting in on this one a little late, picked up a bit of an ebay bargain the other day and thought this might be the perfect excuse to crack it open! :D

I'll get a thread going as soon as it turns up along with a bit of PE from hannants, funny how a trip to their website suddenly makes it a little less of a bargain. :lol:

Having just finished an entry for the Harrier GB, think I might well join in here now - have an Academy 1/72 P-51B that I have been planning on doing up as Wg Cdr Cheshire's Mustang III HB837 as served with 617 Sqn.

Couple of questions before I start; first, anything I need to know about this kit before I dig in - problems, errors etc...? Second, I know that the little Wing Commander pennant is missing from the Xtradecals set courtesy of Tony Iveson's brilliant Lancaster: The Biography book, so does anyone have any top tips as to how they paint it in this scale?

Many thanks

Dom