HT's Hasegawa Beaufighter + Spit D-Day Combo

First up these two and progress was swift this weekend.

Box

DSC_0001.jpg

Contents

DSC_0002.jpg

Decal Sheet

DSC_0003.jpg

First up the spit IX cockpit assembly.

DSC_0010.jpg

Wing assembly

DSC_0011.jpg

Internal colour applied.

DSC_0012.jpg

Pit painted

DSC_0013.jpg

Cemented to the sbd fuselage half.

DSC_0015.jpg

Next up the Beau

Edited by Hardtarget
  • Like 1

I started the beau with the wing halves.

DSC_0016.jpg

Drilling out the rocket hard point holes.

DSC_0017.jpg

Then the pit was assembled and interior painted with decals for the IPs

DSC_0018.jpg

Halves cemented

DSC_0019.jpg

Wings cemented to the fuselage where the fit is nice and tight.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Patrice,

It is hard to get hold of with ebay offerings in exces og £40-50. Lukily i bought 3 combo boxings when they were avaliable from Japan which i think cost me £30 each.

She still is the best kit in 1/72.

Hi Patrice,

It is hard to get hold of with ebay offerings in exces og £40-50. Lukily i bought 3 combo boxings when they were avaliable from Japan which i think cost me £30 each.

She still is the best kit in 1/72.

30 £ each ? you got a very good bargain .. Hasegawa products are getting more and more expensive ..

Patrice

Yep. I tend to ship in bulk from there and buy kits over 3 months. When the date is near I get the lot shipped over. Mucghe cheaper if you buy direct rather than through shops who have to put a mark up on top of the markup of the distributor.

Yep. I tend to ship in bulk from there and buy kits over 3 months. When the date is near I get the lot shipped over. Mucghe cheaper if you buy direct rather than through shops who have to put a mark up on top of the markup of the distributor.

It's been a long time since I have not bought Hasegawa kits in European shops I rather buy them thanks to Luckymodel , Hobbyeasy and some others Ebaystores ...

I will try to get this combo I would like to add a Spit and a Beau with Dday Stripes to my collection that already hosts 4 Thunderbolts , 3 Mustangs , 1 Lightning , 4 Typhoons and 1 Temps ..

Patrice

Patrice

• 1 month later...

Its been a while getting some modelling in but here is the latest progress on the beau and spit.

The spit got her camo on!

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

As did the beau complete with invasion stripes.

DSC_0018-1.jpg

Cowlings also painted using a bit of copper and brass with some hu53 in there as well.

DSC_0020-1.jpg

• Like 1