Short cut to a dead end! Canberra U.10

It really is great stuff for jobs like this the PPP , It makes short work of it too. Your really showing this one who is boss. You must have muscles like a Boxer after all the Sanding this one has had thrown at it..

• Like 1

It really is great stuff for jobs like this the PPP , It makes short work of it too. Your really showing this one who is boss. You must have muscles like a Boxer after all the Sanding this one has had thrown at it..

it is Rob, I just hope I don't need much more of it! The engine fronts will be the next big test.

John

I think I've got the filling sorted, now it's time to sort out the engine fronts. I have decided not to use the kit supplied resin parts (on the left in the photo) as they are quite heavy and simplified, instead I've gone for Aeroclub compressor disks and Italeri cowling fronts. I'm assuming that there will be more filling and blending to be done when the time comes to fit them. I can't wait! :)

IMG_0355_zpsfe39b5c3.jpg

IMG_0356_zps1e56602f.jpg

John

• Like 2

Looking good John and quite a difference in the engines there. Looks like two different types to me. Amazing how many variants of engine there are in the Canberra.

thanks Rob, she was a very well used engine test bed, the good thing from a modelling point of view is the nacelle didn't change shape too much generally just a bit of work on the front end. On the down side the colour sachems didn't change much just the standard HSS or Camo.

Coming along nicely John, looks well shaped with no trench panel lines anywhere to be seen .....good call on the engines, the resin ones are quite underwhelming....

Thanks general, it is a very well done kit, just a pig to build, if Revell or one of the other mainstream kit manufactures could only do as good a job on a mass produced B.2/6 we would all be happy, perhaps? :)

John

• Like 1

As you can see from the following photo the nacelle is not what you would call round, but by the time I've trimmed them to match the cowl fronts then it should look more like. On the up side the plastic is quite thick so it will be OK.

IMG_0357_zps84646173.jpg

As you would expect it's not the best fit but as I said not too bad with a bit of work.

IMG_0358_zpsd43dadcc.jpg

After a bit of work with the file some wet & dry and filler things are looking better.

IMG_0360_zpsf0990597.jpg

John

• Like 5

thanks Rob, she was a very well used engine test bed, the good thing from a modelling point of view is the nacelle didn't change shape too much generally just a bit of work on the front end. On the down side the colour sachems didn't change much just the standard HSS or Camo.

Thanks general, it is a very well done kit, just a pig to build, if Revell or one of the other mainstream kit manufactures could only do as good a job on a mass produced B.2/6 we would all be happy, perhaps? :)

John

With the way Pit Road and GWH/Lionroar are knocking out TSR-2, Vulcan B2, Vulcan K2, Victor B2, I wonder if they will do a Canberra, RAF subjects and British culture in general are very popular in Japan I am told, It seems we have a lot in common these days. Apparently.

I have watched a manga cartoon with the mrs about vampires and one faction is set in the UK it features wrap around camo GR1s which is totally awesome.

Hopefully someone will do one in 72nd, Revell has released both the Matchbox PR9 and the old Frog Kit in the last few years along with the old 1/80th kit so Canberras must be considered a good seller I assume this may prompt them to do more. One can hope. :)

• Like 1

With the way Pit Road and GWH/Lionroar are knocking out TSR-2, Vulcan B2, Vulcan K2, Victor B2, I wonder if they will do a Canberra, RAF subjects and British culture in general are very popular in Japan I am told, It seems we have a lot in common these days. Apparently.

I have watched a manga cartoon with the mrs about vampires and one faction is set in the UK it features wrap around camo GR1s which is totally awesome.

Hopefully someone will do one in 72nd, Revell has released both the Matchbox PR9 and the old Frog Kit in the last few years along with the old 1/80th kit so Canberras must be considered a good seller I assume this may prompt them to do more. One can hope. :)

I'm waiting for the e-mail Rob! :)

John

• Like 1

Still can't believe Airfix only released the 8 and 9 in 1/72. Surely with all the variants that could be made from a B2/6 it would have made sense to have released it in 1/72.

Oh and nice work John, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Edited by Canberra Fan
  • Like 2

Still can't believe Airfix only released the 8 and 9 in 1/72. Surely with all the variants that could be made from a B2/6 it would have made sense to have released it in 1/72.

Oh and nice work John, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

It's a mystery, I can't understand why there isn't one!

Really neat work on blending the engine nacelles John, that area is looking really tidy now.

Thanks John, it's getting there.

email ?. Sorry if I missed one I will check back mate :)

Sorry Rob, I meant the e-mail from Revell picking my brains for the new kit! ;)

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was to put the last coat of white on the top side, of Appliance gloss white then disaster struck! I don’t know what went wrong but it was going on nicely then when it had dried it looked like a drought stricken river bed!! Well that’s it, she’s been a bad girl and she’s off to the naughty hanger. I’ll see how I feel later in the year, but it’s time to start a new project.

IMG_0367_zps82ec630f.jpg

John

I don’t know what went wrong but it was going on nicely then when it had dried it looked like a drought stricken river bed!!

Been there, done that John! Usually in my case it's spraying too heavy a coat from too close which doesn't seem to give the paint chance to gas off properly.

Hope you find the motivation to get back to her as she was coming on nicely!

keith

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of the paint problems John. I think Keith is right, this has happened to me a couple of times and again usually where there has been a heavier application of paint.

I think a break from it and a return in the New Year is a good idea, hopefully you will feel more like continuing with her then.

Hello John.

GEEZ !!!!

How the heck did I miss this build..

I was reading your other Canberra build when I stumbled over this one.

Just read through the whole thing/build and once again , it's a fascinating tale

To read about this Canberra.

May I just say it's EXEMPLARY workmanship and thanks for something different in way of aircraft choice for a build.. :worthy:

SUPER work and I think it will turn out most EXCELLENTLY.

BEST WISHES for a Happy joyous CHRISTMAS to you and yours and all the members who look at this.

:thumbsup::beer:

• Like 1

Chocks Away!

Picked up the Airfix 1/48 just recently and looking forward to the build.

Also looking forward to your continued progress.

Cheers

Thanks Winenut, it will re-start at some point in the new year, but I'll will now turn my attention to my 1/48 build of WV787.

Been there, done that John! Usually in my case it's spraying too heavy a coat from too close which doesn't seem to give the paint chance to gas off properly.

Hope you find the motivation to get back to her as she was coming on nicely!

keith

It could well have been that Keith, but it didn't feel like I was putting too much down, oh well, what ever it's not what I wanted! A few weeks in the hanger should teach it a lesson! :)

Sorry to hear of the paint problems John. I think Keith is right, this has happened to me a couple of times and again usually where there has been a heavier application of paint.

I think a break from it and a return in the New Year is a good idea, hopefully you will feel more like continuing with her then.

Thanks John, I'm determine to finish this build one way or another, a bit of time away on WV787 will do us both good :)

Hello John.

GEEZ !!!!

How the heck did I miss this build..

I was reading your other Canberra build when I stumbled over this one.

Just read through the whole thing/build and once again , it's a fascinating tale

To read about this Canberra.

May I just say it's EXEMPLARY workmanship and thanks for something different in way of aircraft choice for a build.. :worthy:

SUPER work and I think it will turn out most EXCELLENTLY.

BEST WISHES for a Happy joyous CHRISTMAS to you and yours and all the members who look at this.

:thumbsup::beer:

Very kind of you to say Houston, as I say this one is going back in the hanger for a wee while, I'll be getting on with WV787 in the meantime.And a very happy Christmas and new year to you too!

John

• Like 1