New Airfix 1/72nd Scale Douglas Dakota- RAF SEAC

31 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great to see this lovely model again,  wow, it looks gorgeous,  again,  fantastic work fella. 

Chris 

Cheers bud,...... shame they didn`t fly the Dakota over the veterans today,..... although they did seem to like the Lanc, Spits and Hurricane.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Another winner Tony, The  model really looks like a well used Dak .  A fitting tribute a a hard fought but largely forgotten campaign.

Thanks mate,.... that is exactly what I was hoping for,.... so much appreciated. 

On 6/29/2014 at 11:53 AM, PLC1966 said:

That's a great model mate. I do like the windows knocked out for the machine guns. But I did not know about the holes in the windows for guys to shoot out of. Everyday a school day eh.

Thanks mate,..... yeah they are a pretty cool idea,..... makes you wonder how useful they would be? They were small perspex discs which were just slid aside,..... good for ventilation too I suppose and for getting rid of fag buts!  

You didn't have to explain the paint on the nose of the DAK to me. I realized by looking at the rest of the paint on the plane that the intention was intended to look as though it was hastily applied

on the real aircraft.  Nice job! Now if you told us that you were up in the wee hours of the morning painting the nose so you could take it to a show in a few hours...... 

That would be a little different story. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Todders said:

You didn't have to explain the paint on the nose of the DAK to me. I realized by looking at the rest of the paint on the plane that the intention was intended to look as though it was hastily applied

on the real aircraft.  Nice job! Now if you told us that you were up in the wee hours of the morning painting the nose so you could take it to a show in a few hours...... 

That would be a little different story. 😉

Thanks Todders,... very kind of you. I try not to paint late into the night these days,...... too many mistakes over the years!!  

20 hours ago, ArmouredSprue said:

That's very nice. Well done

Thanks mate. 

17 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Lovely! Well done!

Miguel

Cheers Miguel

• Like 1

What's not to like with this?  It's a Dak; it's built by TonyOT; and it has a colorful scheme that honors those who fought in CBI.  I realize this has been out there for six years, but the 75th Anniversary of the end of that grisly conflict justifies putting this back up front.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 4:16 AM, kapam said:

You've done a beautiful job with that!

I have the same kit (except Civil DC-3 version) in the stash and your build really inspires.

Well done!

:clap2:

Cheers Kapam,...... good luck with your DC-3 version.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

What's not to like with this?  It's a Dak; it's built by TonyOT; and it has a colorful scheme that honors those who fought in CBI.  I realize this has been out there for six years, but the 75th Anniversary of the end of that grisly conflict justifies putting this back up front.

Thanks Mate,..... yeah I thought it would be fitting for the anniversary to honour the blokes who fought in the Far East,..... plus the article needed new photos to replaced the Photobucket deleted images.