Your favorite suzuki racing scheme

Doug

Has to be the later Heron colours;

Suzuki-RGA500-XR22-of-Team-Heron-Suzuki-

Pepsi, the Brother-in-law had the 250 Gamma, which kevin Swantz signed the seat hump. Gorgeous paint job!

I liked the old Heron colours, had the leathers but owned a KLR600R! Odd combo in many ways.

Only had one Suzuki, TS125 air cooled, gawd was that unreliable!

Rick,

thanks for the memory.

Lol....i remember the race commentators used to have a great laugh at the expense of the riders on those Durex sponsored bikes

Great weren't it.

When Suzuki announced they'd be using better rubber for the next year, everyone thought they meant tyres. :lol:

Nope, you are all wrong, it must be the mid 80's blue/white GSXR's. Seeing them was the one thing that made me switch from Yamaha (namely the 350 LC's, a classic if ever there was one ....) to Suzuki as a brand. I bought one of the very early 'G' model GSXR 750's, when they came out, the ones with the short swingarm and 'Plasteciene' wheels ...... they had a reputation for 'interesting' handling.

Suzuki-GSXR-750-1986-635x424_zpsce2e72cc

Had one or two GSXR's over the years, and actually started scratch building my later 750 WN in 1/12 model form (the first water cooled ones) but for one reason and another I never got around to finishing the model. Actually sold the bike and never completed it sadly.

gsxr1_zps6f2a5399.jpg

gsxr2_zps47691d31.jpg

B)

Heron Suzuki as posted by JohnP, or (I hate to say 'cos it's fags), the Schwantz-era Lucky Strike scheme.

I want to customize my DR650, and one of those two schemes is a contender.

Here's one I drew earlier...

Schwantz.jpg

Crikey! I did draw that along time ago!

Edited by injidup
  • Like 1