1/35th Scale Saladin

Niall

• 7 months later...

They missed the commanders .30 cal Mg and no detail on the hatches ,

Almost like Dragon ran out of cash or interest in the kitting of the subject.

Apart from that it looks okay, no interior provided, I think that given the

Lack of detail on the turret area I would probably go for the Accurate Armour

Version, you get a full interior plus the engine.

A bit miffed for a kit costing 50 quid !

I was really keen on getting this kit, but not at the rrp. For £50 I'd expect and interior for the turret at least. The standard 30 cal is also missing and you don't get any crew, which is a shame. That said I might get one if I see one at a price I'm happy with.

£49.99 from Hannants! Sorry, but I can't justify spending that much for a 1/35 armoured car. Have to keep an eye out shows for under the table bargins

Unfortunately, the Saladin is part of Dragon's 'Black Label' series. For which the marketing slogan should be "We made a kit with as little effort as possible. Shut up, and be glad you got it at all!"

The previously released KPZ70/MBT70 had some clunky details, especially in the signature 20mm gun. The M103 kits had some shape issues, especially with the turret, and made heavy use of the M48 parts. This was especially disappointing to me, as there is a USMC M103A2 on display not far from me.

Unfortunately, the Black Label series has so far produced models that have a high selling price, but are inferior to even other regular Dragon offerings at the same or lower price point. One needs to be a serious fan of the subject, and willing to part with top dollar for a mediocre kit to get one of these.

IMG_1297_zpsaee2aeab.jpg

• Like 1

It dosent get a gd review in Military Modelling main point being the lack of detail and parts count

That isnt right. It was a positive review that said a bit of extra detail would have been nice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like it's a case of "If it ain't German WWII - then it ain't worth worrying over" from Dragon at the moment.

I desparately wanted a Sexton,,,, now I have one,,,,, not sure it's worth the price I paid and definitely not up to their usual standards. Seems like the Saladin falls into the same category.

Regards

Pete

Edited by Pete H