1/72 Hobby Boss Rafale B Tiger Meet

Here is the 1/72 Hobby Boss Rafale B Tiger Meet 2006. This is the first Hobby Boss kit I have ever made. As far as the fit of parts, I had little to no problems; the kit went together quite well. As for accuracy, beats me, I bought the kit for the Tiger Meet scheme and I hope it resembles a Rafale B. If it is one of those “Totally Unbuildable, Due to Horrible Errors” models, please excuse me for completing it, but at least enjoy the Tiger Meet scheme. The build thread is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234959640-rafale-b-tiger-meet/

So far during my new found fascination for Tiger Meet planes, I have only built 1/144 and 1/72 Revell kits. (There is a 1/32 model in the stash, that should be fun!) What make these kits are the decals. And my experience with decals from Revell has been nothing but wonderful in their application and how well they fit together to make the intended scheme.

Hobby Boss needs to contact whoever does Revell’s tiger meet decals. The decals were hard to work with, tended to fold into each other and did not like to be moved, once applied. For these schemes, you need to be able to adjust the decals so they fit next to each other. The other complaint is one that I often wonder when building kits, “Did someone bother to try and build this prior to it being put out on the market?” Some of the decals do not match the ones they are supposed to meet. This would have been quite obvious if whoever made them attempted to put them on the kit. Thankfully, they do react kindly to Micro Set/Sol solutions and can be manhandled into place with enough solution and patience to smooth them out over long periods of time. The above said, I would build another Hobby Boss kit and even take a crack at another tiger meet scheme though. Enough rambling, here are the end results.

rfi1.jpg

rfi2.jpg

rfi3.jpg

rfi4.jpg

rfi6.jpg

rfi7.jpg

rfi8.jpg

rfi9.jpg

rfi10.jpg

rfi11.jpg

rfi12.jpg

rfi13.jpg

All comments welcome.

• Like 8

Yes, looks excellent. As to the commentary too many words as ever but I don't suppose you are going to change now. I think Revell decals are mainly made by Cartograph these days and they have a pretty much an unrivaled reputation. You have achieved a fantastic result with the less than spectacular decals provided by this kit.

Nigel

• Like 1

Hey, there's a large animal print rug draped over your airplane.

Very good looking result, and if those decals took some manhandling, then I'm doubly impressed.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Oh hello Tiger!

Very nicely done, you'll soon have a whole forest full of tigers at this rate.

Duncan B

p.s. Apache is a strange name for an anti-ship missile isn't it? Were they a tribe known for their maritime prowess?

• Like 1

p.s. Apache is a strange name for an anti-ship missile isn't it? Were they a tribe known for their maritime prowess?

Maybe it takes the top off the ship, then hangs it on its belt whilst dancing around a totem pole hoping it'll rain?

Nice build btw

• Like 2

Duncan B

As I have a small sliver of Chiricahua Apache DNA running through my mitochondria, they are not known for any aquatic fondness as the tribe was primarily situated in the Southwest United States deserts in New Mexico and Arizona. (That is until uprooted and forced to go to Oklahoma and other foreign places.) But maybe the term is based upon stealth and hit and run ability.

• Like 1