This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Devilfish

Merlin GR3

On the cancellation of the TSR2, the government placed an order for 50 F-111K bombers. Had we actually got them, here's what I think they would have looked like by the 80's.

7 Sqn was one of the units earmarked to receive them. XV 912 was within the range of serials set aside for the F-111K.

Kit is the Academy one. It did fight me a bit, but went together ok.

104_3154_zpsc4e81357.jpg 104_3153_zps8ae8d233.jpg 104_3151_zpsf3052203.jpg 104_3150_zps0ca7dd1d.jpg 104_3147_zpsdb3d3a37.jpg 104_3146_zps8e04a3e1.jpg

Edited by Devilfish

Pre-shading, a pin-wash, or mechanical-pencil work would help to punch up the panel lines.

My small point of personal preference aside, that is a very good looking bird you've got there!!

Pre-shading, a pin-wash, or mechanical-pencil work would help to punch up the panel lines.

My small point of personal preference aside, that is a very good looking bird you've got there!!

Tbh, normally it would have all or some of the above, but it was a PITA kit, and the panel lines are so fine I couldn't get much of the wash to stay put! And by that time I was so fed up with it, I just wanted to get it off the bench!

I've never really liked the F-111, but had to have one for my TSR2 and friends collection. At least now I can say with conviction, I still don't like them!!

Edited by Devilfish

The F-111 looks quite natural in wrap-around - I like the RWR, LRMTS, Sky Shadow, and BOZ pod - makes it seem very plausible. Cool build!

I've never really liked the F-111, but had to have one for my TSR2 and friends collection. At least now I can say with conviction, I still don't like them!!

oh wash your mouth out!!!!!

They were lovely aircraft, good for getting in anywhere low and dirty!!!

Directly into the ground, in fact, for some of the earlier models.

mmm I have seen the left over bits of one which tried to bury itself in a hill (one of our 6Sqn aircraft)!!!! The largest recognizable parts recovered where the main wheels!!!!!