New Zvezda 1/144 A320 - Review - what's in the new box!

Gimme Shelter, if you've only got the 57 kits in the stash, you're safe! I had this conversation with Stephen the other night about stash sizes and I need to remove a chunk of mine and get back below 100, I reckon I've 120-130!

Very nice workshop too.

Rgds,

Eng

Oh and more thread related, I had forgotten about the earlier query around the boost pump conduits, I will endeavour to get some measurements tomorrow or Thurs.

Sorry.

• Like 2

Gimme Shelter, if you've only got the 57 kits in the stash, you're safe! I had this conversation with Stephen the other night about stash sizes and I need to remove a chunk of mine and get back below 100, I reckon I've 120-130!

My reasoning with my wife is that I'm buying them now for when the kids move out and I'll have more time to do them. She has the idea that we'll be spending more time together. *cough* whatever *cough*

• Like 2

Ha ha haha, guess who had that conversation today as well!!

"You do want to spend time with me.......don't you?"

".........(stunned silence, the whistle of a breeze and tumble weed rolls across the patio).............."

I'm still here just now, if you don't hear from me tomorrow, assume the worst.......I've had fun so far in life.....

Rgds,

Eng

(Who actually has a very understanding and supportive wife with her own creative talents too)

• Like 2

I showed her the price of A321s on eBay once and said that mine "definitely weren't bought for anywhere near that dear" and that they were an investment for the future, our future.

She loved that.

Returning to the thread, I'll do my Zvezda A320 in jetBlue colours. Do any of the printers do these schemes?

I showed her the price of A321s on eBay once and said that mine "definitely weren't bought for anywhere near that dear" and that they were an investment for the future, our future.

She loved that.

Returning to the thread, I'll do my Zvezda A320 in jetBlue colours. Do any of the printers do these schemes?

Draw Decal offer a couple of versions of jetBlue colours. Also, Scaleliners released 4 sheets several years ago that may still be available from places like Hannants. Give them a try.

That's a nice choice too, I'm thinking of doing mine in those colours with the larger logo on the forward fuselage.

Jeff

Ha ha haha, guess who had that conversation today as well!!

"You do want to spend time with me.......don't you?"

".........(stunned silence, the whistle of a breeze and tumble weed rolls across the patio).............."

I'm still here just now, if you don't hear from me tomorrow, assume the worst.......I've had fun so far in life.....

Rgds,

Eng

(Who actually has a very understanding and supportive wife with her own creative talents too)

LOL :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Excellent info in here.

For guys after info re hi temp ops on the ground.

In Australia where we operate in temps up to 46C we do not leave flaps extended after landing.

In the early days of A-320 ops when the aircraft was relatively immature with many sensor and computer issues Airbus put in place the procedure of leaving flap out on the ground.

This causes numerous logistical problems with checklists etc and with the maturing of the aircraft many operators do not follow the recommendation as it means not following normal procedures and if you have an aircraft built since about 2000 just generally doesn't happen.

In ten years in our fleet of 100 aircraft we have had one instance.

Great looking kit by Zvezda and impressed they got the nose shape spot on.

With 5800 non Sharklet aircraft around the world I can live with fences and I imaging they will do a Sharklet at some point.

Off to order a few!