Eduard 1:48 NE Bf-109 G-6 - Negative Effect ?

Tiger331

http://www.eduard.com/info-eduard/

Download and read the Editorial on this month's Eduard Info. Eduard's boss acknowledges the overscale issue and says they will see what they can do. So I wouldn't take it as a absolute but they would fools not to re do the kit.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Had 56 on preorder, had 49 cancellations, those persons who buy bulk-by bulk I mean more than 10 kits all cancelled their orders, in the first month sold 7 kits, compared to 60+Spitfires from 15th of April to 1st of May last year. As today do not have a a single preorder for Royal Class boxing nor Profipack one ....talking about negative effect ...

• Like 1

Had 56 on preorder, had 49 cancellations, those persons who buy bulk-by bulk I mean more than 10 kits all cancelled their orders, in the first month sold 7 kits, compared to 60+Spitfires from 15th of April to 1st of May last year. As today do not have a a single preorder for Royal Class boxing nor Profipack one ....talking about negative effect ...

Hmm... will there be a time when the ancient Eduard Profipack with the odd-scale parts will fetch collectors prices??? Strange world if it will be so.

Edit: Ups - someone had this thought already here...

But I can understand that people now wait for a retooled kit, after it is "offically announced". I am sometimes temped to buy a new kit just because it is "state of the art". I was close enough to do so with the 109G even if the type does not interest me.

Maybe Eduard should sell the 109G trees to Trumpyboss :devil: (OK not nice but you get the idea I think). I suppose Eduard sales are more affected by "negative effect" than those companies which are not aiming on the "professional builder" in the first place. I am by far less picky with the box content of Mach2 than Tamiya for example.

Well and then there is - as a topping - the way Eduard advertised this "Ãœberkit"... Ouch. :banghead:

Rene

• Like 1

And I suspect every single other model kit they design and produce in the future, which is perhaps one good thing that will come from this episode.

And now we just need to convince Eduard to do a Mk.XIV Spit :)

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

I posed the question of the new Royal Class 109G having the corrected Wings etc to Libor Havránek from Eduard on their Royal Class BF109G Blog post and received the following response

Hello Graham,

We still haven’t decided yet how/when/if we are going to release corrected parts for this kit, so they’ll not be included within the Royal Class kit.

whilst Libors response confirms that the RC BF109G WONT include any corrections, it gives us a ray of hope that theyre still considering it for future releases?

hey guys

I posed the question of the new Royal Class 109G having the corrected Wings etc to Libor Havránek from Eduard on their Royal Class BF109G Blog post and received the following response

Hello Graham,

We still haven’t decided yet how/when/if we are going to release corrected parts for this kit, so they’ll not be included within the Royal Class kit.

whilst Libors response confirms that the RC BF109G WONT include any corrections, it gives us a ray of hope that theyre still considering it for future releases?

That information was already available on Eduard's info monthly newsletter on their website. From what they said in the info newsletter they are considering correcting the scale errors on releases after the Royal Class.

thanks

Mike

That information was already available on Eduard's info monthly newsletter on their website. From what they said in the info newsletter they are considering correcting the scale errors on releases after the Royal Class.

Which means essentially a completely new kit except perhaps for the detail bits (wheels, exhausts, etc). Everything else needs to go.

Eduard has the conditions to produce easily the cheapest toolings in the business, so if they decide to produce new tooling it wont hurt them nearly as much as would most of their competitors in similar conditions. I find it very poor policy for a Company to ridicule and joke about their customers regarding more than valid negative critiques.

Mr.Sulc in last month newsletter made some good and neutral points, but again this month continued with difamation- classic Eduard move seen before with MiG-21bis and Emil family whenever

Company takes more than justified heat.

I am more than certain Eduard will produce outstanding Friedrich and late Gustav families, as well as K-4 but am more than doubtful will see newly tooled G-4/6/14 kits in the

next three-four years.,

remember Eduard botched Emil family too-still in their catalogue...hope they prove me wrong!

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 1

I agree with Thomas V in thinking that Eduard won't retool the Gustav 6/14 any time soon, they have invested heavily in tooling the kit and the decals, etched sets etc and will want to try to get some return for that.

They will have to retool fuselages for the F's, early/late G's and K-4's, although I guess they were hoping to at least use the wings for the other G/K's (if the G6 kit wing allowed for the addition of larger wing bulges which I can't comment on as I can't remember the break down of parts), so will be able to recoup some revenue through those kits while sorting out the wing tooling. With Zvezda announcing a G6 I think Eduard will try to get the drop on them by concentrating on the other marks before returning to the G6 (if they ever do?).

Duncan B

I'm glad I don't build WWII aircraft in 1/48 any more. I have to say that the OOB build on ARC looks magnificent in isolation, the problem

comes when you place it next to other makers' 109s. Ho hum, back to 1/32.

I'm glad I don't build WWII aircraft in 1/48 any more. I have to say that the OOB build on ARC looks magnificent in isolation, the problem

comes when you place it next to other makers' 109s. Ho hum, back to 1/32.

but not the new Revell spit...aparently thats all wrong too!

..and if you dont pose it correctly, well thats it,end of you as a modeller!!:-D

TBH I think a lot of the problem is the amount of hubris they displayd in their pre-release build up campaign. This was going to be THE BEST EVER 109G etc etc.

The HobbyBoss/ Trumpeter collective of myopic R&D and marketing muppets at least know to stay schtum about how good their models will be! Eduard made one giant rod for their own back with their advertising, and are now suffering from the inevitable backlash

Jonners

• Like 4

Considering they definitely said they would remedy it, I'd be surprised for them to go back on that now....

Read the latest Eduard Info. Perceived anomalies of their 109 kit.

Maybe, all this years, what we perceived as 1/48 scale just wasn't it. :P

Priceless.

TBH I think a lot of the problem is the amount of hubris they displayd in their pre-release build up campaign. This was going to be THE BEST EVER 109G etc etc.

The HobbyBoss/ Trumpeter collective of myopic R&D and marketing muppets at least know to stay schtum about how good their models will be! Eduard made one giant rod for their own back with their advertising, and are now suffering from the inevitable backlash

Jonners

well tbh jonners advertiseing is what companies have to do to sell things....ok so maybe the wording was a bit OTT but to maybe the success with the spit Mk IX buoyed them on...and why wouldnt they advertise it as that,they obviously didnt realise their mistake and as has been said if the proportions were correct it probably would be the best representation of the type!

cant see that happening i mean the 109 has to be a top selling aircraft,kit if they went off in a strop because they made a cock up they would be cutting their nose off to spite their face...more likely they will come back with a 109 that will live up to hype of the original! thats what i would do if i was in their position....admit i cocked it up then come back with a kit to make everone go...WOW!

Edited by The Crusty one
  • Like 1

That they got their fingers burned and have gone off in a strop saying 'no more 109s for you chum' who else can we rely on?

Another dozen or more of manufacturers who will happily make more and more Bf.109s in the future. The 109 is such a bestseller that every company has or tries to have one in their catalogue

but not the new Revell spit...aparently thats all wrong too!

..and if you dont pose it correctly, well thats it,end of you as a modeller!!:-D

Oh dear, guess I'll stick to my old Hasegawa/Revell issue then as I've already invested in some aftermarket bits for it.

well tbh jonners advertiseing is what companies have to do to sell things....ok so maybe the wording was a bit OTT but to maybe the success with the spit Mk IX buoyed them on...and why wouldnt they advertise it as that,they obviously didnt realise their mistake and as has been said if the proportions were correct it probably would be the best representation of the type!

I realise companies have to advertise, problem is if you are going to shout from the roof tops that, "THIS IS THE BEST EVER 109G", you kinda need to make sure it is!

Otherwise you just look daft. I mean seriously - no one at Eduard thought to check the sizes? They were so convinced it was right? Thats what hubris results in - the arrogance displaces the pride, and mistakes aren't picked up.

I do feel sorry for them - cus this should have been a winner.

Jonners

Oh dear, guess I'll stick to my old Hasegawa/Revell issue then as I've already invested in some aftermarket bits for it.

Well to quote Mr Sulc from the latest info, when viewing the Hasegawa and Eduard kits built up at a model show "it's not easy to tell which is which", so you might as well stick with the Hasegawa kit :)

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1