Eduard 1:48 NE Bf-109 G-6 - Negative Effect ?

Tiger331

So,

Judging by stock availability, it would appear that Eduard have taken a big hit on their new 1:48 scale ME Bf-109 G-6. I see the 'Big H' still has plenty in stock which contrasts sharply with their recently released Spitfire 'D-Day' Special which is almost sold out !. I wonder how the other traders are doing ?. They all seem to have stocks too. Looks like it could have been an expensive mistake for some and I wonder how Eduard are going to recover this particular situation ?.

We're out of stock! We only get one in at a time and reorder it. That said they seem to sell within a few days of listing but we don't want to be caught out with a pile of them sitting on the shelves. It's bad enough with the latest Phantom release!

thanks

Mike

As noted, the stock amount as an indication of sales is purely speculativem, especially when using only one retailer as a reference.

Some retailers may order in larger quantities and get a bigger discount from ther manufacturer. Others will only order a few so as not to tie up funds in inventory.

Only Edauard knows the actual numbers, and they are not telling.

I put the 109 I bought sight-unseen on eBay as soon as I got it. Even though I had it priced well below what I'd paid for it (and what it's selling for from retailers), it took three re-listings before it sold. And I had to reduce the price twice to get even one bid.

• Like 1

Don't by the Royal class either it looks like it will have the old sprues in it.

Selling off all the G-2..6..14 sprues before they even went on sale is costing them but far less than if they sat on shelves with decals, photo etch , and instructions in them.

I guess its a cheap 109 for those who don't care if the wing is almost 1/2 a metre to long.

I think the retooled 109 will get the microscope to as well as anything new they release anytime soon.

The other thing it showed up was the reviewers where not doing their jobs.

Every new trump..HB..Airfix..Revell kit get a close going over.

Eduards Advertising about it being the best ever ever 109 worked perfectly that a kit which is being fully retooled was given glowing reviews everywhere.

Sure great tooling, beautiful detail just happened to look like a mutant long wing 109 variant when sat next to any kits that where pretty accurate.

Hope the retools are good as it will be a nice kit and I will be grabbing plenty.

Not touching it till they fix it though.

Is there any build reports of the Eduard 109G-6? Everyone needs to remember it's each to their own and for many modellers, the size discrepancy might not matter too much if the end result looks nice (which I suspect it will).

thanks

Mike

Paulo Portuesi over on ARC has done a superb build OOB - but just look at the 'stance' in the finished photos :analintruder:

Ken

Not touching it till they fix it though.

Given that Zvezda is doing a G-6, and given the *spectacularly* gorgeous F-2/F-4 kit they've done, I'm not going to touch any of Eduard's. They've pretty much lost all credibility in my book, added to the fact that they seem to take great delight in insulting their customer base with clockwork regularity these days. I think they're just a little, as they say where I live, too big for their britches...

oh dear off we go again...this whole eduard 109 thing has been done to death already on here...please no more, its simple if you want one buy one, if you dont want one because of the companys mistake then dont buy one....eduard make some (not all) damn fine stuff but they are not infalible just like every other manufactuer out there!please get over it people its not the end of the world:-)

• Like 9

I bought one plus 2 extra overtree sets. I am a 109 nut and am bitterly disappointed that Eduard didn't get it right but I'll build at least one of them anyway as I've built some real dogs diners of 109 kits in the past so one more won't matter and I still think the build will be quite pleasant even if the end result is a strange looking beast.

I might be a bit out of touch with current news, have Eduard said they are going to retool the kit or is that speculation?

Duncan B

I just love the attitude ''Don't read it if it bothers you'' !!

I have a great laugh when i see that the logic is so amusing !

• Like 2

I bought one plus 2 extra overtree sets. I am a 109 nut and am bitterly disappointed that Eduard didn't get it right but I'll build at least one of them anyway as I've built some real dogs diners of 109 kits in the past so one more won't matter and I still think the build will be quite pleasant even if the end result is a strange looking beast.

I might be a bit out of touch with current news, have Eduard said they are going to retool the kit or is that speculation?

Duncan B

Yes but it's too late for the Royal Class.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Yes but it's too late for the Royal Class.

thanks

Mike

Cheers Mike

I've just spent the last hour trawling another model site and couldn't find a single mention of a retool. Well good on Eduard (I suppose they didn't have much choice if they value their reputation) I guess they'll absolutely nail the retool but will hopefully keep the hype to a minimum.

Duncan B (still wrestling AZmodel Bf109s!)

I guess they'll absolutely nail the retool

And I suspect every single other model kit they design and produce in the future, which is perhaps one good thing that will come from this episode.

• Like 2