Father & Son D-Day Projects - Albemarle & Horsa Combo

This is going to be a joint build my son Dylan ( 8 years old ) is going to build the Italeri A.S.51Horsa Glider and I am going to build the Valom Armstrong Whitworth Albermarle ST Mk V Glider Tug.

Both will be build straight out of the box, and just to keep things interesting we are off to France soon so will be visiting the D-Day beaches and surrounding area.

Good luck to everyone on this historic GB

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

Good Evening

Bit of an update, for you.

Photos attached of Albermarle bought of an auction site on the cheap as it was started, (bit of cockpit work) and the Horsa which is still sealed in the original Cellophane, a genuine collectors item, that's now been opened and is going to be built shocking I know !

imagejpg1_zps1b46d38b.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4882a27f.jpg

imagejpg4_zps2868fd87.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsd392d79d.jpg

imagejpg5_zps5deb364c.jpg

5b7dd700-6805-44cd-aa41-de21310e3a8d_zps

• Like 3

Hi Nigel

Yes mate, really gutted to hear about Rik.

Having followed so many of the things that he has done over the years, with all the laughs along the way it's difficult to believe he has gone. I was tempted to change my avatar a while ago I think he will stay now.

Really enjoying the tanker build of yours, bit of a departure from Luft 46 !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hi Rick, I bet you are. Glad to hear you are looking in on my tanker truck. I think my next build should be a bit Luft 46ish. There is still the Arado 555 to build, have you done anything with yours?

This is going to be a joint build my son Dylan ( 8 years old ) is going to build the Italeri A.S.51Horsa Glider and I am going to build the Valom Armstrong Whitworth Albermarle ST Mk V Glider Tug.

Both will be build straight out of the box, and just to keep things interesting we are off to France soon so will be visiting the D-Day beaches and surrounding area.

Good luck to everyone on this historic GB

Cheers Pat

I've spent many days trawling around the Normandy Beaches and landing areas through work and what not, and they are the most thought provoking and emotional places I've ever been to. Standing on top of the cliffs at the US cemetery looking down onto Omaha Beach it is so hard to imagine the history of the place. Even my cynical and disinterested wife and kids were moved.

The whole area has an aura about it. I hope you enjoy your trip.

• Like 1