Airfix new tool 1/72 Mk.1B Typhoon, Dragon's 1/72 Zimmeritted Panther Ausf G and Tiger I Diorama - Finished

Dragon Tiger I Mid (with zimmerit), I believe that's the Tiger Aces boxing, but the kit is identical to #7251.....If you need one, I'd happily swap one for an Airfix Cromwell (or just its tracks and drive sprockets TBH). :nerd:

When I have time, I'll go through more of the individual build threads. Having been altered to this by PM (thanks, Plastix), I can see that you've done a terrific job of the diorama. To save me a bit of time, what was the brand of that Tiger model? Surely not the old Hasegawa!? Great stuff!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

No problem.

Thank you. As I've said elsewhere I'm very grateful for the help you provided.

With regards the Tiger kit it was this one:

15159572715_abbfcf8f21_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Ahhhh.....I should really have remembered it was that one shouldn't I? :blush:

Mmmmmmm........... maybe..........

Massive congratulations on every aspect - particularly the win. I just wish Ladbrokes offered odds on the build - I could have retired on the outcome ;)

Cheers!!

LOL! Thank you.

Massive congratulations on every aspect - particularly the win. I just wish Ladbrokes offered odds on the build - I could have retired on the outcome ;)

Cheers!!

No, you wouldn´t. Although there were many fabulous builds this really stood out as The One, so the odds would´ve been very low :weep: V-P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No, you wouldn´t. Although there were many fabulous builds this really stood out as The One, so the odds would´ve been very low :weep: V-P

As much as I love this diorama (and it is my personal favourite for fairly obvious reasons) I'd have to disagree.....Bootneck's beach scene, Woody and Mottlemaster's C-47s and JackG's Stuart (to name just a few, off the top of my head) all scream D-Day pretty damned loudly to me.....Put it this way, I'm glad I didn't have money on it! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Sarge, to be honest I agree. However good the build by Stix was, there were many other equally impressive ones. And every group build model that is finished deserves at least an honourable mention, any build in any GB! The great thing in this build by Stix was to witness the joy and the rising enthusiasm that lead him to add another model tank, try something outside of his comfort zone, and the figures, and the setup of joining two separate scenicked modules to stage the pictures. Then as Wimbledon wrote about the odds I just had to reply like I did. So for the build+story this in my opinion was the best! V-P