Airfix new tool 1/72 Mk.1B Typhoon, Dragon's 1/72 Zimmeritted Panther Ausf G and Tiger I Diorama - Finished

That is a nice little kitten (here Kitty, Kitty). Ehh I mean Tiger. :banghead:

That are two very well done tanks you have and with that dio it will look great. I think I need to find me some of those 1/72nd scale Tanks.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I think this calls for a :wow:

Outstanding modelling Stix, your camo paintwork is top-notch, especially as it's done with a brush.....I'm absolutely serious when I say this is some of the very best brush painted camo I've seen. :worthy:

It mght be worth attaching some foliage to the tanks, it would be very authentic and would also tie them into the groundwork. :pipe:

What he said!! Seriously ...bloody brilliant,

Sean

• Like 1

Hi Sarge, Richard, giemme, Wolwe, Arnold, Mish, Steve, Sean and V-P. Thank you all for your very kind comments and suggestions.

It mght be worth attaching some foliage to the tanks, it would be very authentic and would also tie them into the groundwork. :pipe:

I tied some of the stuff I've got but it doesn't look too good. It's the same foliage I used on the baseboard but it looks a bit clumpy on the tanks. Any suggestions of what might be better? I won't be able to get it in time for the photos for the gallery but I think this a project that I'll keep adding to!

Have you worked out how you're going to mount the Tiffie on it yet?

Indeed I have - the Typhoon has been on it's mount for a while now - I'm just waiting for the big reveal!!! (Which may be tomorrow). And thank for the information about the Citadel wash.

hope you,re not going to defect over to the armour

department full time!

No, but I do intend to make some more - thoroughly enjoyed building these two. I have some ideas for future projects and a couple of people have kindly offered advice about kits. In the meantime it's back to Spitfires - two 1/48 ones in fact!

Well I seem to have got a bit carried away. I decided I didn't want the German troops hogging the baseboard, temporarily anyway!, so I got some of these:

15184170460_c87ba2e29e_c.jpg

15367709651_875cc86558_c.jpg

They come ready made so I only have to paint them and I'm only going to paint a few of them! As soon as they're done I'll get them on the board and then get the photos sorted - hopefully tomorrow!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Hi Shermaniac, Woody, Sarge and Steve,

Thank you all for the comments. plastic on the figures was fine Shermaniac, thank you for the heads-up. They're all painted and on the board.

Sarge - I shall get some - this is a project I think I'm going to keep adding to for a while. I'll update the photos as I do.

Well it's all finished and photographed. Unfortunately I can't get the iPad to cooperate so I probably won't get chance to upload the photos until I get on a computer which may not be until Tuesday.

Oh well........... At least it's done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Well it's all finished and photographed. Unfortunately I can't get the iPad to cooperate so I probably won't get chance to upload the photos until I get on a computer which may not be until Tuesday.

Oh well........... At least it's done.

Kind regards,

Stix

I use a proper camera LOL! haven't got one of those new fangled gadgets.

• Like 1

Ah the good old days! I remember cameras! Isn't everything a camera now? My camara stop talking to the laptop a while back - something it said .... I think. This thing is usually pretty good but the recent update seems to be taking it's toll on a few things!

Thanks guys.

Well here we are. After all the build up I've finally managed to get everything posted in the relevant sections:
The RFI for the Typhoon can be found here
The RFI for the tanks can be found here
The RFI for the diorama can be found here - please see the last photo to see how the actual baseboard and background appear when not together.
And I've put 5 photos in the gallery - possibly the hardest to pick photos so far.
I hope everyone's not too disappointed - "Aw, I thought he was going to ...................." (Fill in your own missing element in the space provided)
This has been a thoroughly enjoyable Group Build and a big thank you must go to Arnold, our GB mod, for all his support throughout - well done Arnold!
Nearly everyone who visited this WIP has helped with suggestions and tips but I'd especially like to thank Sgt.Squarehead, Shermaniac and Brews for their knowledgable advice - often lots of it by PM - thank you chaps. I have learnt loads!
The Sarge also assisted with a variety of care packages of supplies to bolster the project - so yet more thanks to him!
Well apart from a few doubts as to whether I'd finish in time, a few weeks ago, I've had a great time - I've learnt whole lot about German armour and Typhoons plus I learned a lot of new techniques. Being on BM is fantastic for the support
Here's a couple of photos - I've posted too many in the sections mentioned above to tie up bandwidth here as well:
15377403861_cf1aa347aa_c.jpg
15193998310_feefe9ed23_c.jpg
Comments and suggestions welcome.
Well that was fun!! Let's do it again some time!
Kind regards,
Stix
  • Like 6