mirage 2000 tigermeet Revell (1:72)

Hi all, I finally bult this after months of putting it off due to needing to mix paint and the decals. But, as ive been doing lately, ive been trying new things and paint mixing has gone very well and the decals weren't an issue. Im starting to build more challenging builds now and im really getting more confident with challenging builds. Im really happy with this and I welcome your comments. regards

DSC04984_zpsda05d6a3.jpg

DSC04982_zps7827e831.jpg

DSC04983_zps93ce66e4.jpg

• Like 9

The Mirage 2000 has possibly the hardest paints to reproduce on a model. Just like on the real aircraft, the colours on your model will depend a lot on the lighting, Hence the blue looks to me a little too sky blue and not enough grey. But again it could be your lighting.

As far as the decals are concerned, you really are a sucker for punishment! Superbly done! Congrats.

JR

The Mirage 2000 has possibly the hardest paints to reproduce on a model. Just like on the real aircraft, the colours on your model will depend a lot on the lighting, Hence the blue looks to me a little too sky blue and not enough grey. But again it could be your lighting.

As far as the decals are concerned, you really are a sucker for punishment! Superbly done! Congrats.

JR

I totally agree, I've seen images of this plane and other mirage 2000s without this scheme and mine certainly does seem to be too blue but I was aware of this whilst painting it and I didn't want to paint it a nothing other than this blue. I wanted the challenge of mixing this blue and wouldn't have been happy had I gone for more grey. If you think these decals are laborious, you should see the other f16 in my stash, perhaps in 5 years ill start it, now that is a challenge. Regards

thats looking realy nice, great job! :) how did the decals work?

The decals were very pleasing and they went on without any major issues. I would give the decals a 9:10 for quality, they were quite sturdy, didn't tear and look visually very good when compared to the real plane. Regards

Thanks for the comments everyone.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments, very appreciated. Will certainly build more tigermeet builds. Regards