1/72 Cyber Hobby Meteor F.III

Hello again!

I haven't posted for a few weeks due to exams (only two more to go!) but I did buy this a couple weeks ago and I have done a little work on it between revising. I did manage to get the wings on today, however, I didn't manage to get a picture. Here's the work so far.

Fuselage

20140617_092546_zps5qkjybqf.jpg

Nose weight

20140617_111646_zpswl7sf8ij.jpg

I wasn't happy with the kits placing of the seat, so I moved it back a little. As usual I added seatbelts from Tamiya tape.

20140617_092632_zpss1qedamz.jpg

More to follow...

Ben

• Like 1

Have just started a few 1/72 warbirds - question re seatbelts. The 'Tamiya tape" belts everyone seems to add always look great, but figure there must be more to it. The 'buckles', is that just silver paint added to tape stuck on the seat?

Cheers,

Mike

Did you get any lead into the nose as well? I only say this because I know that the early Meteor models need an awful lot of ballast to keep the tail up and your bit showing might be a bit under the reqd. amount.

Have just started a few 1/72 warbirds - question re seatbelts. The 'Tamiya tape" belts everyone seems to add always look great, but figure there must be more to it. The 'buckles', is that just silver paint added to tape stuck on the seat?

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike,

It's really quite simple really; cut the tape into thin stips and paint it the right colour. In this case I used beige with added silver tape for buckles.

Did you get any lead into the nose as well? I only say this because I know that the early Meteor models need an awful lot of ballast to keep the tail up and your bit showing might be a bit under the reqd. amount.

I added some more into the area forward of the instrument panel. Some careful balancing and it seems ive got the CoG just rigt.

Ben