Tornado undercarriage leg length

Planebuilder62

I totally agree, if left as it is the aircraft sits nose high and this is incorrect. I described earlier this year how I've modified my 1/72 Revell kits and I'll see if I can find the post and add it here. Takes maybe 20 mins - half hour to do. Watch this space.

Eng

• Like 1

As a bit of background as to why this may have been in the mind of the designer of the kit:

I believe that the original design concept 'they' thought that the Tornado would need to have the Angle of Attack on take-off increased.

To do this they had designed the original NLG (Nose Landing Gear) to be extendable on the ground, for take-off.

You can tell this in the early A/C where there are two sets of Torque Links fitted to the NLG - one set to the front and the second to the rear.

From flight testing they found this was not required and the design was changed - although the prototype A/C continued to fly with the two sets of Torque Links.

Although, I believe some GR1's were delivered with this early standard of NLG, you will find that later A/C had only one set of Torque Links fitted to the front face of the NLG.

Cheers, Brian

• Like 1