Modeldecal 57 Buccaneer section colour seepage--HELP

chrisrope

Hi

I have this Modeldecal sheet and intend to use the RN Buccaneer section first. All looks good from the front

20140617_160511.jpg

On the back though, some of the colour from the decal ink appears to have seeped into the backing paper

20140617_160531.jpg

Typically on the bit I intend to use first :banghead:

Advice needed, anyone reckon they will be fine for use, will the decal separate from the backing???

Has this happened to anyone, my other Modeldecal sheets are all as they should be and the ones I have used have worked fine, I've just never come across this seepage of colour before

All advice greatly appreciated

Ta

Chris

Chris,

Like you say, it does not appear to be a particularly common occurrence although I have come across it before on several other Modeldecal sheets….I suspect it is a 'by product' of their particular way of getting these sheets printed back in the day. IIRC, the apparent seepage had little to no effect on the decal and I used a lot of MD's products back then, so it should be OK. Of course, the decals you are most concerned about (the roundels and serials) are readily available elsewhere but I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

Just my tupenny worth

Mark

• Like 1