Royal Air Force Bristol Blenheim Mk.1 LI336

Hey folks!

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be given a friends, Dad's of old, dirty but mostly complete 1/72 built kits that he didnt have enough room for anymore.

One of them was a Blenheim, after alot of research I figured it was a Mk.1 which was possibly made by FROG which had the remains of a wasps nest all over and inside it.

Here is a pic of how it looked when I got it:

14458430693_5728bf2034_c.jpg

Anyway after being stripped, soaked and washed down I rebuilt it, applied more decals and tried a matt clear coat which dried cloudy so I applied pearl clear and she came out looking alot better than I expected!

So without further ado here she is:

14419995126_292fae5947_c.jpg

C&c welcome as always!

• Like 21

That's fantastic. Look at the lack of fogging or discolouration of the canopy - wish other kits behaved like this (thinking of some expensive models like the CA Battle where the canopy yellows quickly relative to this Frog golden oldie).

• Like 1

Good grief man, that first photo looks like you dug it straight out of the ground! In fact, I'm sure I can spot a small potato sprouting from it. Extreme weathering and no mistake. However you have truly managed to make a silk purse from a very grotty sows ear. Top job pal.

• Like 2

Nice job. I did think the weathering in the first picture was a bit overdone!

Yes I agree - but I'm sure it took decades to achieve this level of decay...

I usually don't spend that much time on weathering!

Amazing!

Did you repaint it as well after harvesting whatever mushrooms were growing under the glass house?

I guess you must have removed the canopy somehow to have it so clean again... Whatever, you've done a sterling job.

JR

Thanks for your kind comments folks, I really appreciate it :).

Tye paint and most of the decals are the originals except the tail stripes, wing roundels and the code roundels.

Everything else has just been cleaned and clear coated.

Great restoration! Love those early war RAF aircraft.

• 4 months later...

Cheers for you Maverick!!!!

This resplendent restoration deserves to be watched more than one time, really waht a good luck those models have to be appreciated, restored and enjoyed a huge lot as you do!!!

Thank you bvery much for sharing, and hope to see the auster you said in the Panavia Tornado post too!!!

Luis Alfonso