Revell 1/32 Tornado Gr1 17 Squadron

TORNADO GR1 17 SQUADRON RAF BRUGGEN REVELL 1/32

After being brain washed completely by club mate & Tornado Sig leader Airfix Andy, I got the bug to build one of these beasts. Picked up last year (before the re-release) came complete with a genuine Pargon resin flap kit. Also harmed in the making was the Aries cockpit set (lovely piece & fit) some Aries cans & a metal pitot tube. I decided to re-scribe the sides of the rear fuselage, front under nose & intake tops using some 32nd scale drawings as the kit is strangely lacking any detail in those areas. Main wheel wells had some improvements done, all oleo legs were detailed & strengthened as well as the front being shortened some what. Canopy was detailed internally with mechanism & demister pipes & modified on the outside to improve side shape. Other refinements were to area below front canopy on anti glare panel, shortening of the front "antenna" thing on the tail, adding of the APU & making longer ram for the canopy prop so it opens higher.

Finished with Vallejo paints and a mixture of kit & Xtradecals in 17 Squadrons colours.

As always I build m models to convey the look & feel of the subject but don't profess it to have nailed on accuracy.

Pleased to pick up a highly commended for it in the 1/32 & above class at the Northern scale show the other week, hope you like her.

Cheers Mac

lDSC_0049E_zpsd1e1c5a6.jpg

DSC_0044E_zps4ed7c819.jpg[/url]

DSC_0042E_zps68ee2f2e.jpg[/url]

DSC_0040E_zps98ce9acd.jpg[/url]

DSC_0038E_zpse7885cbc.jpg[/url]

DSC_0036E_zps1f58b191.jpg[/url]

DSC_0035E_zps7e5c0e41.jpg[/url]

DSC_0032E_zps35c347e6.jpg[/url]

DSC_0031E_zps73df2c2b.jpg[/url]

DSC_0029E_zpscd777ec0.jpg[/url]

DSC_0028E_zpsfd67b3d8.jpg[/url]

DSC_0024E_zpsa635f911.jpgDSC_0045E_zps8f2d8d21.jpg[/url]

Edited by macgregor
  • Like 34

Nice work, it looks very tidy and not over weathered. Just right.

I'd like to have a go at one of these myself one day, but with so many other projects to do, it's unlikely

Thanks for sharing

MH

• Like 1

Mac,

Not my scale, but that is one lovely job you've done there!

Mal

• Like 2

Gorgeous. An excellent build. I will be starting one of these next week and can tell you now that it won't be as good as yours.

Tom.

• Like 1

Well, this is certainly worth a comment on...

Absolutely superb!! Like many others here, I've got one but just need the time and space on the bench to get her finished, or even started! But in any case, I'd be very happy if it came out like yours.

• Like 1