Revell Old School Rif Raf & his Spitsfire & Messaschnitzel 109

After a dog fight over the English Channel, Squadron Leader Rif Raf finally puts one over on his arch enemy, Luftwaffel Fighter Ace Weiner Moldy. After belly landing in a field, Rif Raf gives a victory fly past & waves his German comrade a gesture of er.............."goodwill"

Finally got round to grabbing a few piccy's. Built this pair of Chrissy pressies last year as my "escape build" when I needed to get away from more serious modeling matters. Great little kits that use the same basic fuselage with different tails, wings, props etc.Scratch built the wheels up on the Spit & fitted some dummy blanks under the 109 as its almost impossible to see under the wings, I re-modeled the exhausts etc on the 109 & decided not use the Super charger that comes with kit, drilling some gun ports instead.109 decals are as the kit apart from the swastikas, Spit Roundels were masked & painted on upper wings & fuselage as I didn't have any spares of the size.

Got an old school van on my bench to do & I'm after the Barons Funfdecker or Lucky Pierre if I can lay my hands on them unbuilt or otherwise. Anyway on with the pics.

Cheers Mac

MAIN_zps7ac33536.jpg[/url]

[/url]

LSIDE_zpsc9c3f39f.jpg[/url]

RSIDE_zps8d5e58c2.jpg[/url]

RSIDESPIT_zps834644cd.jpg[/url]

LSIDESPIT_zps1895f0db.jpg[/url]

WHEELSUP_zpsb4496189.jpg[/url]

ABOVE_zps898e6141.jpg[/url]

• Like 21

I really lovvvvve eet! Well done, and the good guy wins.

Super Spitfire!

• Like 1

great stuff.

are these kits still available ???

Still available on E-Bay, mainly from the USA though. I got these together from the same seller so got a decent postage rate. Kits were only about a tenner each I think. Revell haven't issued these for a while now but was told by them in an e-mail they are going to re-release a couple of Old School kits, next year I believe but it wont be either of the 2 planes I'm after.

Mac

Superb !so those Fokker,s really were Messerschmitt,s!!!! love it.

Can't beat a bit of Stan Boardman! LOL

Thanks for all the comments guys, glad you had a giggle.

Mac

• Like 1

Those are great. I'm inspired to pull my two from the stash.

Which two are being re-released ? Funfdecker Fokker and Lucky Pierre by any chance ?

Sadly no they have just released a couple of cars from the range, the "Glitter Bug" & the "Go Mad Nomad". If they do well they will probably re release more.

Cheers Mac

Mac, love the builds. I plan on doing mine alla Dogfight Doubles.

If you are interested, I picked up a Lucky Pierre kit last year and there are parts for 2 of them in the box. One has had painting done and might have some parts together but I am willing to part with it for a lot less then an unbuilt kit will go for.

Course, I am across the pond so shipping might be a little bit but I ain't going to build 2 of them so let me know.

• Like 1