Tarangus 1/48 SAAB J 32B Lansen

8 hours ago, Marcel Drgon said:

Many thanks, one picture says more than thousand words! I have choosen the 32 - F12 from late 1968 from the Moose Rep. decal sheet. Any chance to find out whether it had the IRST pod?

Your guess is as good as mine. You need to find good reference pics of the airframe in question. But if you decide to add the pod, I don't think anyone could say if it's wrong or not.

So go for it.
Looking forward seeing pics of your build.

5 hours ago, Antti_K said:

This is brilliant! What a Masterpiece!

This is not the easiest kit to build but you have done a superb job. Can't get my eyes of the scratch built details.

Kind Regards,

Antti

Thanks Antti

It was a work of love and I think it's my best model to date. So I'm quite pleased with it.

But as always there are things I would like to improve on, but that will have to be for the next one.

Hej Flarpen,

I converted the Tarangus A32A into a "Störlansen". I scratch built the intakes, new ailerons, airbrakes, wing pods and re-heat. Your model inspires me so at least I will try to build my next Lansen closer to your level.

Hälsningar,

Antti

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Hej Flarpen,

I converted the Tarangus A32A into a "Störlansen". I scratch built the intakes, new ailerons, airbrakes, wing pods and re-heat. Your model inspires me so at least I will try to build my next Lansen closer to your level.

Hälsningar,

Antti

That sounds like a very big job.

Did you add the gun ports and bumps on the lower nose associated with the bigger guns in the J 32B/D/E as well?

Would love to see pictures.

/Johan

44 minutes ago, flarpen said:

Did you add the gun ports and bumps on the lower nose associated with the bigger guns in the J 32B/D/E as well?

/Johan

May we have pictures of your model....

11 hours ago, flarpen said:

/Johan

2 hours ago, flarpen said:

Which model would that be you want to see?

The one that is featured in this thread?

17 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Hej Flarpen,

Hälsningar,

Antti

- I made a mistake in my question, I would like to see photo of Antti's model...

• Like 1

Hej Johan,

with your kind permission here are photos of my Tarangus "Störlansen". It represents a Målflygdivision aircraft during the summer of 1970; a brand new plane that is.

bd34a854-242f-4743-a030-623293b1178f.JPG

58d8a449-1f36-4589-8d79-03eacd9a25bf.JPG

f3d7a4b1-41fc-49ec-963d-00ee33cd36cf.JPG

94b48163-e29a-4b33-af8f-4dceaac4fb3e.JPG

I painted the model with Humbrol enamels using a paint brush. Stains on the underside were created with Caran D'ache crayons. As you can see I didn't detail the gear bays but scribed all surface details using photos as a reference and opened numerous air louvres. Only after market item is the Remsfällare. Petrus -pod is scratch built.

Kind Regards,

Antti

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Hej Johan,

with your kind permission here are photos of my Tarangus "Störlansen". It represents a Målflygdivision aircraft during the summer of 1970; a brand new plane that is.

bd34a854-242f-4743-a030-623293b1178f.JPG

58d8a449-1f36-4589-8d79-03eacd9a25bf.JPG

f3d7a4b1-41fc-49ec-963d-00ee33cd36cf.JPG

94b48163-e29a-4b33-af8f-4dceaac4fb3e.JPG

I painted the model with Humbrol enamels using a paint brush. Stains on the underside were created with Caran D'ache crayons. As you can see I didn't detail the gear bays but scribed all surface details using photos as a reference and opened numerous air louvres. Only after market item is the Remsfällare. Petrus -pod is scratch built.

Kind Regards,

Antti

- Many thanks Antti,I didn't knew this version had larger intakes, that's why I 'm happy to see your photos. You have done an excellent job, keeping in mind it is brush painted. I will not comment Flarpen 's one, the only fitting word for his job is "OUTSTANDING  !!"

- Amicalement    J.M

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Hej Johan,

Kind Regards,

Antti

That looks really great Antti. Thanks for sharing.
Really like the weathering. Fantasic result.
I plan to build a J 32E as well, but using the HB kit. Just to see how they compare.

/Johan

Edited by flarpen
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Johan, tack så mycket🙂 I hope you will share your findings about the HB Lansen kit with the rest of us (a WIP perhaps) here on BM. I'm planning another one as well. This time a well weathered example.

Cheers,

Antti

- To keep in touch with the Lansen which one of my favourite aircraft, this is my own interpretation of the thema .I built it some yers ago it is probably burried in the depth of the forum.

Oor39c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antti_K said:

Thank you Johan, tack så mycket🙂 I hope you will share your findings about the HB Lansen kit with the rest of us (a WIP perhaps) here on BM. I'm planning another one as well. This time a well weathered example.

Cheers,

Antti

Björn Fransson has built a steller example of the HB kit

check out his thread on IPMS Stockhom (only in Swedish though)

http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8026&hilit=lansen

15 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- To keep in touch with the Lansen which one of my favourite aircraft, this is my own interpretation of the thema .I built it some yers ago it is probably burried in the depth of the forum.

Oor39c.jpg

This is beautiful! I can't get my eyes of the painting and weathering. Need to dig this up from the forum...

Cheers,

Antti

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Antti_K said:

This is beautiful! I can't get my eyes of the painting and weathering. Need to dig this up from the forum...

Cheers,

Antti

- To help you in your search, this photo and post date back to September 2016; Thank you for your comment

• Like 1