Churchill VII

This Tamiya's old kit built OOB.

I used it to try out a different weathering method.

After spraying the model all over with Tamiya acrylic dark green, I applied progressively lighter cotes of heavily thinned enamel buff, almost as if they were filters/washes.

Once these had dried, I used a broad flat brush, dampened with white spirits, in vertical strokes to streak, blend and remove the thin

cotes of buff.

I got a result that looks like a dusty tank that's been rained on to give it a streaked, dusty finish.

A raw umber oil pin wash deepened details, and a graphite pencil in selected areas, gave a worn finish.

100_3563.jpg

upload pictures online

100_3562.jpg

screenshot tool

100_3561.jpg

gif uploader

100_3560.jpg

upload jpg

100_3559.jpg

adult photo sharing

100_3558.jpg

take a screenshot

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 11

thats great looking Churchill' and the weathering is spot on, one question tho' did you apply the buff coats evenly over the entire model or lighter then denser coats on selective areas of the model?, i wouldn't mind trying your technique if you don't mind.

regards oz!.

• Like 1

Glad you guys like her! :)

Oz, I did apply heavier cotes lower down, near the running gear and at the rear end where I thought more dust would accumulate.

By all means have a go yourself, I don't claim any rights to this method at all, I'm sure I read about it somewhere else :)

thanks matey' gonna try this on my kv-1 :thumbsup2: .

cheers oz!.

• Like 1

:wow: that's a great looking Churchill and you're weathering method has worked a treat - big pat on the back sir!

• Like 1