Sunderland Flying Boat

That is fantastic, although I've had to take some Stugeron after looking at the pictures. I suspect the aircrew are all down at the loo barfing up due to that nasty looking sea.

Duncan B

Nice to see another fellow AMSer on the site (Nigel must be on a recruiting drive now that he has been turned from a BM heretic! Poacher turned Gamekeeper?

• Like 1

That is fantastic, although I've had to take some Stugeron after looking at the pictures. I suspect the aircrew are all down at the loo barfing up due to that nasty looking sea.

Duncan B

Nice to see another fellow AMSer on the site (Nigel must be on a recruiting drive now that he has been turned from a BM heretic! Poacher turned Gamekeeper?

As I previously explained, the crew are now being used as s*x slaves on planet Kronk after being abducted by a flying teapot. Why does nobody take me seriously!!!! Is it because being in the AMS drives you potty?

• Like 2

Six slaves? At least I am sure that is what you meant, kind of like seven of nine in STVoyager. I am gratified that my in depth Sci Fi knowledge has helped me to understand your post.

As to the AMS, try being the secretary.

The treasurers post is still vacant BTW.

Cheers,

Nigel

• 1 month later...

He's running out of petrol and is ditching so I don't think that he had much of a choice

The 1st pilot and flight engineer (if they survive the ditching and were rescued by RAF SAR) would both receive a absolute rocket from their AOC :nono: , for not watching their fuel, if that is the case.

If he were ditching even out at sea, the pilot would have the flaps set a 1/3 to give extra lift :whistle: and more of a nose up attitude.

That's going to hurt :snorkle:

Ivan Southall who was a RAAF Sunderland pilot during WWII in his book "Fly West", writes of one of his squadron mates who tried to land on such a running sea - they ended up joining the downed Whitley crew they tried to rescue in their life rafts.

Regards

Alan

The 1st pilot and flight engineer (if they survive the ditching and were rescued by RAF SAR) would both receive a absolute rocket from their AOC :nono: , for not watching their fuel, if that is the case.

If he were ditching even out at sea, the pilot would have the flaps set a 1/3 to give extra lift :whistle: and more of a nose up attitude.

That's going to hurt :snorkle:

Ivan Southall who was a RAAF Sunderland pilot during WWII in his book "Fly West", writes of one of his squadron mates who tried to land on such a running sea - they ended up joining the downed Whitley crew they tried to rescue in their life rafts.

Regards

Alan

Its a fair cop! But, in my defence, I have previously explained that the crew had been kidnapped by aliens who now have power over the plane. Therefore, their superior traction beams would permit a landing on rough seas without flaps down.

P.S. does AOC mean Alien Object Candidate :bouncy:

Edited by Marags
  • Like 1

Wow that looks brill I especially like the foam on the sea how did you achieve that that finish?

Dear Modelfreak,

Thanks for your kind words. I mentioned how I did the sea in post 12 of this thread but it was essentially an experiment with modelling clay which I bought on Amazon.

Thanks again,

Marags