1/32 F-4E "Arkansas Traveller II", 469th TFS, 388th TFW, Korat, RTAFB, Thailand, 1970

The personal mount of Col. Paul Douglas, commander of 388 TFW, "Arkansas Traveller II", complete with his 8 kills from WWII.

This is the Tamiya 1/32nd F-4E Early, with Rhinomodel Seamless intakes, Avionix Cockpit, Eduard Placards and Stencil Masks, Master Pitot tubes, Quickboost FOD covers and finally the CAM Decals. Homemade RBF Tags (thanks Mish!) I have to say this is one of the few builds with Aftermarket where everything was worth while - I especially liked the stencil masks rather than using decals for the stencils as they look better, and are way more fun to do than decals. The Avionix pit is also very nice, and unlike a Aires resin actually gives good fitting instructions too. The only negative is the fuselage had a slight twist, probably from the hacking about to get the seamless intakes to fit, but it throws off the stabilators slightly.

Painted with Gunze throughout apart from the metalwork which is just about every shade of Alclad. Weathered lightly with oils, as the photo looks pretty clean.

Build thread is available here for those who are interested

F-4E-Phantom01_zps13f2b3cc.jpg

F-4E-Phantom02_zps3c0be0bb.jpg

F-4E-Phantom03_zpsba04ac35.jpg

F-4E-Phantom04_zps130436a3.jpg

F-4E-Phantom05_zpsb425ff08.jpg

F-4E-Phantom06_zps89ba491f.jpg

F-4E-Phantom07_zpsedff0076.jpg

Peter

• Like 15

A great Phantom! Beautifully done, but you DO have a big house, I' sure!

JR