Attack Hobby Mig-15 1/144th scale +++ Done (Then did some more) +++

Bonhoff

Operation Moolah was the codename given to the efforts made by the USAF and CIA to acquire a Mig-15 during the Korean Conflict.

Details can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moolah

The model is the limited run kit by Attack Model which comes with USAF markings.

Photos to follow later....

Edited by Bonhoff

14476031045_f60d5e49ed.jpg

Little bit of filling and sanding, then it was a case of putting on the tailplanes and cannon and on to painting.

A coat of Halford's finest then a couple of coats of Gloss Black.

Then the fun began. Sprayed Tamiya silver but it came out looking like someone had dipped it in glitter.

So I fell back to Vallejo Model Air Aluminium and it came out a lot better.

Let the paint cure for a few days, 2 coats Humbrol Clear and then it was on with adding undercarriage.

14289416630_a4b7ef3616.jpg

And this is where we are at the moment.....

• Like 2

14305489510_fe4a0c7e9b.jpg

14305489380_72c281748f.jpg

Think I'm going to call this one done, decals put up a bit of resistance despite going down on wet "Clear" and the cotton buds used to dry off the gunk have left fluff despite being the expensive ones made by a family company....

Another one for the Yeager collection.

Quite a nice little kit, fit good despite lack of location pins or tabs and with 5 different sets of markings. Doesn't take up much room either.

Regards

IanJ

• Like 1

Addendum - after making grandiose claims about completion it dawned on me that it still needed walkways painting on the wings.

A quick look at the box artwork and the aerial mast was staring back at me.

And for good measure it occurred to me that by this time the USAF were using the red bar on their insignia.

All sorted now and ready for your perusal in the gallery.

Regards

IanJ