Heinkel 219 Uhu - Picture heavy

OK everyone, after about 8 months work, I give you Zoukei-Mura's wonderful (and complex!) Heinkel Uhu, featuring none of the pain of the Revell version (Hi Iain), but on the other hand featuring a host of other 'features'. But really, I'm not complaining - it is hard to fault when you take the whole thing in the round... 8 month's entertainment? Seems like excellent value to me.

WIP is here: http://www.britmodeller.om/forums/index.php?/topic/234945361-oh-lordy-its-only-a-zoukei-mura-uhu (This editor, in IE 11, is *really* doing my head in... cut and paste is all screwy, the link dialog appears to be a work of Satan and doesn't go away when you click any of 'OK', 'Cancel' or the 'Close [x]' box. Getting the URLs in from PhotoBucket is a NIGHTMARE!!! But I digress, on with the show...

1. A few general overviews:

IMG_1105_zpsfc873631.jpg

IMG_1106_zpsb009bf23.jpg

IMG_1108_zps75933df7.jpg

2. Close ups on the nose:

IMG_1109_zps4765d101.jpg

IMG_1113_zps58149cc4.jpg

3. The pit:

IMG_1117_zps44ffb0e1.jpg

4. Some engine close-ups:

IMG_1120_zpsfa69ee8e.jpg

IMG_1110_zpsa3ad64ef.jpg

IMG_1122_zps2176fec2.jpg

5. The fuel tanks and DF equipment:

IMG_1114_zpsc4d08c02.jpg

6. An extremely murky view of Schrage Music system (not easy taking internal pictures!):

IMG_1115_zps58f64ac5.jpg

7. Wiring gubbins:

IMG_1111_zps8bc0dd82.jpg

8. A wheel well:

IMG_1121_zps479541d0.jpg

Hope you like!

Mike

• Like 10

Lovely work, very impressive, I've always liked the shape of the 219, must get around to making one!

Thanks all. For my next trick, and a bit of light relief (!), I have the HobbyBoss P-61 in 1/32 augmented with a few bits and pieces of Eduard photo-etch. That 'ought' to be a simpler build, as it won't quite have Z-M's approach to internal detailing. The upshot will be a pair of state of the art designed-for-purpose WWII nighfighters in 1/32. What would the British equivalent be? Presumably a Mossie or Beaufighter, although neither started their careers as dedicated nightfighters.

Mike

Very nice nightfighter you built there. Especially the FUG 220 Liechtenstein is superior against the (rather wrong) Revell version. You hit the nightfighter camo really nice, but i'm wondering, are you sure about the color of the bottomside? I think this should be flat black (it is on the Junkers nightfighters, so i'm not quite sure).

Very nice nightfighter you built there. Especially the FUG 220 Liechtenstein is superior against the (rather wrong) Revell version. You hit the nightfighter camo really nice, but i'm wondering, are you sure about the color of the bottomside? I think this should be flat black (it is on the Junkers nightfighters, so i'm not quite sure).

All the references I have for this machine - admittedly not many - show as being light grey/blue overall, with disruptive upper surfaces. And it sure isn't going for a repaint... Now it has all the hatches and antennae attached, it's almost impossible to move without knocking something off!

Thanks for the compliment.

Mike

I retrieved some more information. There were both Versions:

zwl45e.jpg

2j1vqd3.jpg

As far as i can see, the version you have built is either an early nightfighter (until '40) or a daytime camo at the eastfront ('42-'44). Anyways, your camo is correct :)

The light blue version you mentioned was also used in the east because of the foggy sky. It was used at daytime or at night with a black bottom.

Edited by Luftwaffe