1/72 s&m HS ANDOVER C1

TOPGUN88

I remember buying a resin Andover C.1 model at Telford some time ago,......is this new kit a totally new tooling or is it based on the older kit? I think that the kit that I bought was by Transport Wings or RugRat resin?

Cheers

Tony

Just got mine down from the loft, OK, a word of warning don't leave these resin models up in the loft, because I have found out to my dismay that the wings and fuselage have warped, should be OK though placed in hot water but this resin is very soft and if your loft gets warm like mine, then its best taking out and leaving some where cooler

• 1 month later...

sloegin57 - I have been informed the kit contains upright undercarriage legs only.

Jabba - 115 Sqn scheme unlikely unless S&M commissions this from me for a later production run.

General update - decals and white metal done, resin in production. On track for release at both shows.

Test shot on its way to me - when I get it I'll post a pic on my website.

John

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Having had a very quick play with the parts I would say there are no real issues for a kit of this type, the parts are nicely moulded and overall it's very good :) .

I'll probably wait a while before starting this kit just in case some 115 Squadron decals appear.

15692476086_e6e5a59978_c.jpg

15692476336_64281c7d0c_c.jpg

• Like 1

I'll probably wait a while before starting this kit just in case some 115 Squadron decals appear.

I will hope to pick one up this weekend, and then like yourself wait for someone to produce some 115 Sqn markings.

Me to, I think we are looking at around £70 so not cheap but looks very nice. Funny how we all want an E3! I bet Xtradecal slip one on some sheet somehow but the kit stencils look great so that's one headache eliminated! I assume the glazing is in clear resin?

Simon

Yup, mine acquired on Saturday morning. Not cheap at £75 but looks well thought out. Was at Cosford this morning looking at their E3 so I must compare the lumps and bumps in the kit with the real thing! Alistair McLean (A2Zee) was there - in fact he popped up all over the place! - and he is doing some mastering for Mel and Colin (Freightdog)

What 146 ? !!!

Viking, 146, 111 (400 series and earlier), VC10 planned for the next few years. I think Mel is planning one a year for each Telford. Guess my half scratch built 146 will definitely never get finished! I only started it 20 years ago

I bought one of the Andovers. Really nice casting and detail but the decals are very disappointing for a £75 kit. The colour density is not good on the serials and they seem to be slightly out of register.