1/72 s&m HS ANDOVER C1

TOPGUN88

hi folks

just wondering, does anyone on here know when this kit is released and how much this will retail at.

would really like a 1/72 c1 for my collection. especialy in RNZAF VIP colours

• Like 1

I bought mine at the nationals last year, he was also selling them at Milton Keynes. I paid £60 for mine but did not come with Danair decals

It's a very nice kit and looking at the dimensions it is very accurate compared to the old ID vac form kit

He is planning to do the decals for the RAF version

Retail price I believe will be about £68

Kev like you I bought mine from Mel at last years Nats, the decals weren't ready at the time. However we are talking the HS 748aren't we?. the Andover is still not available. I spoke to Mel at Southern Expo and he had just started bringing in the Williams Bros C-46. You could try googling S & M Productions, I'm not sure where he advertises if at all. I'll have a look through my files s I thought I had his number. Cheers Chris

The new S&M kit is the HS748 with Danair decals, he is releasing the military version Andover C2, and should not be confused with the C1 which is larger and has the rear ramp.

cheers guys. i found a website for it and deffinately says c1 with RZAF & RAF markings.

Yeap Mels website inicates an Andover C1 although it looks to be a SMW 2014 release

Just spoken to Mel, and can confirm he is doing the C1, both RAF camouflage version with white roof, and RZAF camo version, but could not give me a price at the moment, if its as good as his Avro 748, then there will be some happy faces

Would someone please post some photos of the contents?

Is the kit plastic or resin?

TIA!

Carlos

The kit is resin, I have the Avro 748 and it is crisply moulded, with crystal clear parts

• 2 months later...

The 1/72 S&M Models Andover C1 will be released simultaneously at SWM at Telford, UK, by S&M Models and at the Armistice Show at Karapiro, Cambridge NZ, by Oldmodels Decals also 8-9 Nov 14. The kit and decals are now in production mode.

The decals for the UK release will be RAF Middle East scheme with all titling and both Sqn options, in NZ it will be sold without decals. At both locations RNZAF (all 5 schemes), and in NZ the RAF Middle East scheme, decals from Oldmodels Decals will be available.

John

OMD

The decals for the UK release will be RAF Middle East scheme with all titling and both Sqn options,

John

OMD

What are 'both squadron options'? Only 84 Squadron operated in the Middle East at Khormaksar and 52 Sqn. in the Far East. I hope 46 Sqn. marklings with RAF Air Support Command titles are included, as I have flown in.

To reply to the posts above.

1. The UK pricing will be set by S&M Models and he hasn't told Mel the wholesale price yet. I suspect he is a month or so away from knowing the full costs of the various components.

2. You are correct the Andover fuselage is larger and many other parts different. Then there are the white metal differences - notably the main undercarriage. I have a jpeg of the resin parts that are different from the 748 but can't work out how to add it here - the image thing seems to want a url not a jpeg and trying to "paste" it here doesn't work either - not a friendly system. It remains to be seen how much these differences will cost. I am hoping it will stay the same as the cost of importing heavy resin and metal kits into NZ including Customs duty effectively doubles the retail prices you are quoting.

3. The decal sets provided by me are fully detailed (i.e. ALL the external stencil markings are included) and therefore larger than the simple Dan Air scheme of the 748.

4. By "Middle East" scheme I am referring to the paint scheme that was also used in UK. 46 and 84 Sqn markings and RAF Base Abbingdon badge are included, letters and numerals to allow you to make the serial number of any RAF Andover, and all the titling options (RAF Tpt Cmd, RAF Air Spt Cmd and plain RAF). This is a comprehensive half A4 sized very full sheet.

5. The first four RNZAF schemes (Delivery (essentially the RAF scheme), SEA, Euro1 and UN (the RNZAF did 2 UN deployments using Andovers)) are a third of a full sheet in size, the VIP scheme is a full sheet. Therefore you should expect price differences for the three sheet sizes.

Hope this helps.

John

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

• Like 1

2. You are correct the Andover fuselage is larger and many other parts different. Then there are the white metal differences - notably the main undercarriage. I have a jpeg of the resin parts that are different from the 748 but can't work out how to add it here - the image thing seems to want a url not a jpeg and trying to "paste" it here doesn't work either - not a friendly system.

Its actualy very easy to post a photo and like most forums, you need to upload your images to a "hosting site" like Flickr or photobucket for instance - once done, you copy the URL from your hostings site and paste it here - Bobs your Uncle!

2. You are correct the Andover fuselage is larger and many other parts different. Then there are the white metal differences - notably the main undercarriage.

Hope this helps.

John

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

You may or may not know but does the kit contain both upright and knelt main landing gear ?

Dennis