GB Chat

How about the Matchbox F-5 A/B, has that been reboxed under other brands. I assume that's not the same mould as Italeri

Never seen this one reboxed. Not the same as Italeri's and in a different class. The Italeri A/B is the Esci kit, a very nice one. The Matchbox kit IIRC is actually quite accurate but in the simplified style for which Matchbox was famous

• Like 1

Never seen this one reboxed. Not the same as Italeri's and in a different class. The Italeri A/B is the Esci kit, a very nice one. The Matchbox kit IIRC is actually quite accurate but in the simplified style for which Matchbox was famous

Thanks, accurate and simple is good enough for me. Likely to be a late entry for me due to life priorities and Christmas. A Matchbox style build should give me a good chance of completing it in time.

Hi guys, hopefully I will be able to get a look at what I have and want to build this weekend. Life's been getting in the way lately so I haven't managed to get near my bench for over a month now, but i am determined to make time for this.

At the moment I think I only have a 1/48 Tiger hobbies and the 1/48 Kinetic kits in the stash and I know the Tiger Hobbies isn't exactly accurate, although I have to admit I still actually like the look of them when they're built regardless of the accuracy. I think a little online shopping session this weekend once i have a plan of what I am wanting to do will be in order, I had been hoping to get through to Edinburgh and pay Wonderland a visit but family visitors and new kittens have put pay to that idea.

The AMT kit is most likely the old Esci kit. This was not as good as the Monogram one of similar vintage, mainly because the American kit was much better detailed.

In any case it was a good kit for its days, quite accurate and mainly let down by a very sparse cockpit. Panel lines are raised but are delicate. It's one of those kits that can be built as it is or can be the basis for a good detailing job.

The AMT kit is most likely the old Esci kit. This was not as good as the Monogram one of similar vintage, mainly because the American kit was much better detailed.

In any case it was a good kit for its days, quite accurate and mainly let down by a very sparse cockpit. Panel lines are raised but are delicate. It's one of those kits that can be built as it is or can be the basis for a good detailing job.

Thanks for the feedback Giorgio, I'm quite looking forward to receiving the kit now! I have also ordered a HB 1/72 which I think I am going to do in the Brazilian scheme it comes with.

I was wondering where you had gotten to Tom, very glad you could make it and see your expertise has been put to good use already.

There are some lovely schemes showing up in this build which is what I sort of suspected or hoped for with this lovely wee aircraft. There should be a good representation of all the different versions.......thought I'm still waiting to see if was get a "MiG-28" or one of the Iranian vairations?

I was wondering where you had gotten to Tom, very glad you could make it and see your expertise has been put to good use already.

There are some lovely schemes showing up in this build which is what I sort of suspected or hoped for with this lovely wee aircraft. There should be a good representation of all the different versions.......thought I'm still waiting to see if was get a "MiG-28" or one of the Iranian vairations?

Our Group Build sponsor actually have a very nice sheet available for the Iranian F-5E's in both 48th and 72nd on Hannants and I know AFV offer a Mig-28 option on their lovely looking kit too. I was tempted by an Iranian scheme for the 72nd build I was planning to do but have been leaning more towards a Brazillian offering. After all who doesnt like a brazilian! ;)

Just for you Rich, here's another shot of the 1/144th one I prepared earlier.

CIMG2598_zpsea2f95d4.jpg

• Like 1

Yay I managed to track down an Esci kit on eBay, the CRF-5 release, so I'll be entering it when it arrives in the hope to build an early RF-5 variant. I don't suppose anyone has spare RNAF decals that they are willing to trade for the Canadian and/or Greek options in my kit? Don't really fancy either of those options!

David.